Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some of the acoustic stuff on here, I decided to have a go at it also. I used to do a lot fingerpicking, but haven't done any in years. So here is a song I remembered by John Fahey, called In Christ There Is No East Or West, his rendition of an old hymn. My right hand fingers aren't quite as nimble as they used to be, but I was pleased to get this one out. Hope you like it too.

·
Registered
733 Posts
nice pickin' rythameen! most dont realize how difficult fingerpicking styles are to master. it sounds perfect, and thats saying alot since there are no effects to cover your mistakes on acoustic stuff. awesome work. :bannana_g

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
great work rhythameen...i'm a big fan of folk...more please... :icon_cool

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
flashyone2 said:
Very nicely done! Not only some great pickin', but also a nice sound on that guitbox...Will you tell us what you played on??

Thanks for the comment, I recorded it with my Samick, a cutaway dreadnaught with a nice piezo pickup. I put that through my PodXT on a modified acoustic setting, (just a very little bit of chorus, and some slapback echo). That went into a Zoom MRS-8 digital recorder. I imported the finished track into Audition on my PC, and modified one of Ozone's acoustic guitar settings to master it.

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Whoa, I can't believe how nice you guys are. Thanks to KSBD, flash, radar, slinshot, and nandk for the nice comments. Jimi, I've got more of this to come. I used to do a solo act, (a very long time ago) and did a lot of Fahey, early Kottke, and Peter Lang. I even got to know John Fahey a little, when he moved to Oregon during the las part of his life.

·
Registered
442 Posts
i know the feeling about "nimbleness"im still recovering from carpal tunnel surgery in both hands.but you did an exelent job :woot:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
not a big fan of folk, but this was some nice pickin.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts