Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Artisan News Service reports: Journey will be honored with their own star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame, and they're one of only four artists honored this year on the boulevard of immortals. The ceremony will take place January 21, and it will start at 11:30 a.m. in front of the Musician's Institute at 6750 Hollywood Boulevard. The current line-up of Journey, without the recognizable Steve Perry will be attending the ceremony. The band features Neal Schon on guitar, Ross Valory on bass, Jonathan Cain on keyboards, Steve Augeri on vocals and Deen Castronovo on drums. There will be "surprise guests" at the ceremony and it was unknown at press time if Perry will be one of them.:grin:

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
That is aweosme!!! :thumb: I really hope Steve shows up, to me that band hasn't been the same without him and he deserves to be honored with them!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yep. Steve Perry should be honoured, he was the voice of the Journey that I know. And what about Neal Schon, that solo in "Who's Cryin' Now" is one of my all time favourites, awesome player.
BTW Deen Castronovo played drums for Greg Howe and Tony Macalpine (among others) during the 80's.......... a phenomenal drummer.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I absolutely loathed the idea of Steve Perry being replaced by Steve Augeri at first, but I watched their DVD they released a few years ago, and Augeri wasn't too bad. I'd still like to see them with Perry again before I die, though.

As for Neal Schon, he's great. Highly underrated. His version of the "Star Spangled Banner" is the best I've ever heard, in my opinion.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Personally, I prefer the pre- Steve Perry days.....when Greg Rollie was on keyboards and doing the lead vocals.

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
Yep, even though they had a lot of trouble in the end with Steve Perry he deserves every bit of his share with this, without him it wouldn't have been the Journey we all know and love and they wouldn't be getting thier star on the walk of fame.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
ericgtr said:
Yep, even though they had a lot of trouble in the end with Steve Perry he deserves every bit of his share with this, without him it wouldn't have been the Journey we all know and love and they wouldn't be getting thier star on the walk of fame.
I agree there man. Steve was an amazing vocalist when those guys were in their prime. He truly deserves it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts