Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right folks, here it is straight from www.journeymusic.com

January 14, 2005

Having sold seventy-five million records since 1973, legendary rock-and-roll hit-makers, Journey, have earned their eternal star in Hollywood history on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. The ceremony will begin at 11:30am, January 21, 2005, in front of the Musician’s Institute at 6750 Hollywood Boulevard.
To “Faithfully” celebrate this historic and momentous occasion, the band will be performing to a sold out crowd at the House Of Blues in West Hollywood, CA. Surprise guests, spontaneous jam sessions, and over three decades of hit songs should leave no doubt that this will be a show to remember.

Go to the site for pictures and such!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I love Journey, always have but Augeri sounds amazingly like Perry. I have the 2001 Journey live in Vegas DVD and Augeri blew me away with his Perry like renditions of the old Jouney songs. You can close your eyes and if you didn't know any better, you'd think it was Perry. I do however hope they can put aside their differences with Perry and re-unite with him for nostalgia sake. I wonder if Perry's vocal skills are still sharp?

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
It's good to see Steve take the credit he deserves!!!:icon_thum

·
Registered
9,424 Posts
What in the hell is Augeri doing there? IMO he has no business at all receiving that star, he's just a stand in :irk: Great vocalist or not he had nothing to do what so ever with Journey's rise to fame.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
I so agree with you Eric!!!!....He had no right getting a star..taking credit he dont deserve!!:irk:
ericgtr said:
What in the hell is Augeri doing there? IMO he has no business at all receiving that star, he's just a stand in :irk: Great vocalist or not he had nothing to do what so ever with Journey's rise to fame.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Journey definitely belongs there. Evry time me and Max do their tunes live ppl eat it up. The new vocalist....no comment....he's no perry, and really not much of a fan of their later releases. I saw them live on DVD w/ augeri and that guy is...well ....in touch w/ his feminine side.

·
Registered
69 Posts

I must say, the idea of Augeri receiving a star does seem like taking credit for something he didn't have a part in, but if he were a bandmate of mine and we were receiving stars, I would probably feel sorry for him being left out. Maybe they could have just given him a bucket full of Chuck E. Cheese tokens instead or something.

I can't really tell because the pic is kind of small, but is that Greg Rollie between Neal and Ross?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
SDJ218 said:

I must say, the idea of Augeri receiving a star does seem like taking credit for something he didn't have a part in, but if he were a bandmate of mine and we were receiving stars, I would probably feel sorry for him being left out. Maybe they could have just given him a bucket full of Chuck E. Cheese tokens instead or something.

I can't really tell because the pic is kind of small, but is that Greg Rollie between Neal and Ross?
It should have read (from left to right)

Jonathan Cain, George Tickner, Steve Perry, Aynsley Dunbar, Neal Schon, Robert Fleischman, Ross Valory, Steve Augeri, Steve Smith, and Deen Castronovohttp://img17.exs.cx/img17/1900/journeyapphoto3004yo.jpg

·
Registered
69 Posts

Ah, I wasn't sure if that was him or not.....it didn't look like him from what I could tell.

What's the deal with him, anyway? It seems as if he wants to forget he was ever part of the band.

·
Registered
331 Posts
SDJ218 said:

What's the deal with him, anyway? It seems as if he wants to forget he was ever part of the band.

Greg Rollie? There's been a lot of bad blood between him and Steve Perry since Greg left the band... supposedly "Edge of the Blade" (off "Frontiers") was a slag at him... :scratch:

Personally I like both singers... though I do favor the more "pop oriented", Perry-fronted Journey than the earlier incarnation with Rollie...

Regardless of that... Mucho Congrats to every past/present member of the band!!!! :icon_thum

·
Registered
733 Posts
bout time! journey is one one my fav bands ever. :bowdown: steve perry is the man. :chucks:

·
Registered
65 Posts
SDJ218 said:

Ah, I wasn't sure if that was him or not.....it didn't look like him from what I could tell.

I have been asking that question as well... According to Steve's website, (well at least the last time that I visited) Steve has always had an invite to sing with Journey and at this time is not wanting to do anything for some reason... Who knows...

You guys probably saw the VH1 Behind the music with Journey... Well, Steve Perry made the most asinine statment... He said something along the lines that he never really felt like he was apart of the band... Schon was like.. What??? :confused: I don't know what's up with Perry, but it's Perry's fault that he is not with the band at this time... I wish he would go back because he really is Journey. Augeri is a great fill in, but he still is no Perry...

On a side note, Neal Schon is the biggest reason I ever wanted to play Guitar... :jam:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts