Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello All,
Here is some Journey featuring Jeff Scott Soto on lead vocals. As most people know, Steve Augeri took ill in the middle of the tour with a serious throat infection and Neal tapped his former Soul SirkUS buddy JSS to fill in to the end of the tour or until such a time SA can resume his duties. BTW: JSS did an awesome Chain Reaction in this show... seemed to be a very high energy show.

Here is the show info. Thanks to the taper for this show and encoding it for the rest of us. I'd been dying to get a copy of one of the JSS shows. This is an MP3 version of the FLAC show off of torrent. (Front, Back & Inside) Artwork Included in the 2nd Zip File . I'm uploading Part 2 as I'm typing this and will post the link once it's finished. Enjoy! :thumb:

Journey July 13 2006
Atlanta, GA
Chastain Park Amphitheatre
Turn The Page - Audience Recording
Quality B/B+

View attachment 29042

Vocals: Jeff Scott Soto
Guitar: Neal Schon
Bass: Ross Valory
Drums/Vocals: Dean Castronova
Keyboards: Jonathan Cain

http://rapidshare.de/files/26017378/Journey_w_JSS_-_7-13-06_-_ATL_GA_-_Disk_1.zip.html

Disk 1
1-Star Spangled Banner
2-Any Way You Want It
3Ask the Lonely
4-Only the Young
5-Stone in Love
6-Wheel in the Sky
7-Who's Crying Now -Dean Singing Lead
8-Chain Reaction
9-Lights

http://rapidshare.de/files/26020556/Journey_w_JSS_-_7-13-06_-_ATL_GA_-_Disk_2.zip.html

Disk 2 (Has Artwork)
1-Johnathan Cain keyboard instrumental
2-Open Arms - Dean Singing Lead
3-Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin'
4-Escape
5-Dead or Alive
6-Faithfully
7-Don't Stop Believin'
8-Separate Ways

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I was wondering when someone was finally gonna get some Journey with JSS.Downloading Disc 1 as we speak.I'm anxiously awaiting Disc 2. Thanks a lot for this boot and I'll let you know what I think after I listen to it. Thanks again.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Thanks for uploading this, though I got it already from the torrent. Its always nice to see Journey on here! I haven't listened to this boot yet because I want to here it live first, I'm going to see Journey on Wednesday. I don't even want to look at the setlist 'cause I want it all to be a surprise!

--Steve

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Thanks a lot for a killer boot. I just finished listening to Disc1 and it sounds really good for an audience recording. I'd have to definitely give it a B+. I knew they'd rock with JSS. Burning Disc 2 as we speak. Thanks again.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No Problem...

Everybody is very generous in posting shows here and just trying to give back some of what I download from others. I know I had problems finding a show with JSS so I hope this saves folks in our forum some time by grabbing it right here. I hope everybody keeps their eyes open and maybe some other folks will help to post a few more....

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Freakin' AWESOME!!! Thanks for sharing this!

T.P. :afro:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wahwah said:
well, I have no luck with this rapid share stuff!? Everytime I go, the link is broken! Looking forward to hear this one as well as been a Jeff Scott Soto fan since his early Wingnut days thru to Humanimal etc. :mad:
WahWah.... you've got mail..... :afro:

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Deen Castronovo-Next Lead Singer for Supernova!

Seriously, he's a lot better than those INXS rejects my roommates have been subjecting me to. I've listened to this boot probably a half dozen times since I burned it today and still can't get over how much they f**kin' rock with JSS. No disrepect to Steve Augeri but I've heard some boots from the European leg of the tour where they had all the bullshit controversy about whether or not they were using backing tapes. Whether they were or not only the band and its organization will ever really know. What I can't over is how tight the band is on this boot. Can't wait to see them and can't for more boots of this tour to roll out. Also are they alternating with Def Leppard on who's headlining.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I believe they are opening for Def Leopard for each show. I could be wrong but I remember reading that somewhere. Might have been on Journey Music dot com. I think JSS is doing a good job for them.

He didn't flub any of the lyrics and hit the high ones so no complaints here. I'm a little sad for Steve Augeri as it's kind of like Steve Perry all over again in that his voice may be shot. I hope it really is a case of a serious throat infection that he can rest it off and return better than other.

Journey is a very hard working band that doesn't seem to take much rest year to year. They're always out touring and I'm certain that took a major toll on Steve Perry and has done the same now to Steve Augeri. Take a rest guys.... have a year off.... enjoy life... then give us a new album!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wahwah said:
well, I have no luck with this rapid share stuff!? Everytime I go, the link is broken! Looking forward to hear this one as well as been a Jeff Scott Soto fan since his early Wingnut days thru to Humanimal etc. :mad:
WahWah was having trouble grabbing this on rapidshare. If others are in the same boat here are links to an alternate download. Please only use these if you can't download from rapidshare as we have a limit of 100 downloads on the linkmyfile upload. Thanks!

Journey w/Jeff Scott Soto
Atlanta GA 7-13-2006

Part 1
http://www.linkmyfile.com/v/74241/Jo...isk_1.zip.html

Part 2
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5O8QQEY7

1 - 20 of 38 Posts