Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
  • Hello guitar enthusiasts! We are pleased to announce an Ask Me Anything discussion thread with Dutch musician Arjen Lucassen. The AMA will be going live on Tuesday, August 10th, and will run until August 12th, and can be found here. Don't miss out!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here's a couple of nice sounding JD shows....both performed at Camden's Electric Ballroom in 1979.

Joy Division
Electric Ballroom
London
31st august 79
joy division-1979,31Aug-london,electric ballroom

the sound of music
wilderness
colony
day of the lords
shadowplay
transmission
interzone
disorder
she's lost control
insight

Joy Division
Electric Ballroom
London
26th October 79
joy division-1979,26Oct-london,electric ballroom

I remember nothing
love will tear us apart
wilderness
colony
insight
day of the lords
shadowplay
she's lost control
transmission
disorder
atrocity exhibition
interzone

***They played their first gig as 'Joy Division' at Pip's Disco in Manchester on the 25th of January 1978. I still can't believe that they played from Jan - Dec in 1978 and yet not one single bootleg has ever emerged.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think Peter Hook or Bernard Sumner or Rob Gretton (passed away) may have the live recordings in 1978.

I own the first press of An Ideal For Living. It is the most expensive vinyl I ever paid for.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Really ??? gotta look that one up....well done on the Ideal for Living !!!

wait....you mean Jan 1978 to Dec 1978 ?? 12 fricking months and not one show has appeared...

but then again they weren't "Joy Division" yet...their Peel Sessions were what 1979 ?? and the Festive Fifty was 1980 onwards...so maybe no cared...

cheers !!!
thank you !!!

·
Registered
276 Posts
It is true that there is no live recording of Joy Division in 1978 circulated among the fans. But I believe that someone has the recording and keep it in the store room or basement.
The earliest live recording of JD /Warsaw circulated is from 14 Sept 1977, Rock Garden, Middlesborough, leaked out by Peter Hood some years ago.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't see the point of locking these things away forever....most bands must have interesting archive shows that are just sitting around gathering cobwebs....RELEASE THEM!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts