Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
What ya Lookin Fer?
1,564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is my cover of Joe Satriani's "Starry Night"

I learned and recorded this score all in about 2 to 2 1/2 weeks. I have a better feel for the song now and will probably re-record it at a later date. The last 1/3 of the song I was recording while learning it (I'd learn a measure or two and while it was still fresh in my mind would record what I had and move onto the next measure or two). The rythym guitar section I kinda did with my own feel, so I deviated a bit from the feel "Satch" uses. I mean, had to give it my own something, eh? The more nimble riffs need a little work but they came out OK, however they have more of MY feel to them than Satch's (if only because these old fingers have taken a bit of beating over the years and so I gotta struggle to get those quick note (especially when there are bends involved as well))

Hope you like... :)

Best way to download is to right click the following link and choose "Save Target As"

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=18987

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
very nice dude , mellow like the Koss in parts , i do like the groove here , its a track im not familiar with . this is very very cool .bends are spot on . some nice tones . class post :thumb:

·
Musician
449 Posts
this is great, i loved it :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.