Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here's my entry - its Jerry Rafferty's Baker Street rocked up in accordance with this months theme. I didnt have a chance to di solos for this, but the rhythms are there and its pretty heavey!

Here's the tune:

Baker Street - Rj Style

Rj

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
This is sounding great, RJ. As i stated in the Voting thread, you should PM Stiglar to see if he can get you added into the poll. If not, I would be really interested in hearing you finish this with leads and vocals and then you could throw it up in the "Covers and Tributes" section. I think it would end up getting more exposure there anyway. I already like your version better than the Foo Fighters' remake. I like your picking/strumming style better. :rock:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
kc_artist_rocker said:
This is sounding great, RJ. As i stated in the Voting thread, you should PM Stiglar to see if he can get you added into the poll. If not, I would be really interested in hearing you finish this with leads and vocals and then you could throw it up in the "Covers and Tributes" section. I think it would end up getting more exposure there anyway. I already like your version better than the Foo Fighters' remake. I like your picking/strumming style better. :rock:
I did send a PM to Stiglar and am awaiting his response. I figured I'd post it up here anyway just in case Im not around later.

As for the leads - yeah - I plan on finishing those too, but I'm not much of a vocalist so maybe some one else would be interested. I'll have to check with the folks at vocals101.com

Thanks for the help dood!

Oh - and I didnt know that the Foo Fighters had redone this one - I'll have to see if I can find and listen to it!

Rj

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
Wonderfull wide sound to this one , very well mixed in , really gets into overdrive , i like this a lot , good tone , in with the running this one ! :thumb:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Rythameen said:
...it would be cool if you could take out the sax and put in some harmony lead in its place.
i agree with Rhythameen and I also agree with Naifuzan...although I more agree with Rhythameen, in that, I believe the sax to be an integral part of this tune, but I am a guitarist and I favor hearing just about any instrument portrayed by the guitar, especially seeing how this is guitars101.com! The original stands on it's own, so I personally am more interested in hearing alternate versions of this classic. That's my 2 cents anyway. :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anyone here play the sax? It would be nice to hear a REAL on instead of the fakey sounding midi one....

At any rate, since this wasnt posted in to time be part of the contest, I am continuing to work on it and will post it up in the Tributes section when done. I've already redone the rhythm bits and am working on the leads. Should be nice wehn its done! (I hope!)

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Rj

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
this was really great rj

i love this tune
with or without sax
i agree with some to let the sax out and replace it with guitar but on the other hand this sounds great also

too bad u missed the deadline this month
but like i said
great redention
i love it :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
kc_artist_rocker said:
i agree with Rhythameen and I also agree with Naifuzan...although I more agree with Rhythameen, in that, I believe the sax to be an integral part of this tune, but I am a guitarist and I favor hearing just about any instrument portrayed by the guitar, especially seeing how this is guitars101.com! The original stands on it's own, so I personally am more interested in hearing alternate versions of this classic. That's my 2 cents anyway. :icon_thum
For me it has nothing to do with how the original sounds. I just thought the combination of distorted, heavy rythm and cheesy sax lead was brilliant :icon_thum

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounds much better than the original IMO!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts