Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my version of this tune. I tuned my guitar down 1 whole step dropped c ,, and dropped the bass also to make it a tad more heavy. not near as heavy as i could probably have,, but this is defintely different from the normal version. Cant wait to hear more entries this month. I thought this was a good idea for this month.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep! that's when i first came across this tune,, but didnt know who originally did ir,, then i found out it was a 70's band called "Sweet" . ty for lisatening Mike!:icon_thum

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Scott that tone was very nice hun!...Great entry!;)

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
This really rocked Scott! Love that drop C tuning....very heavy. Reminded me a bit of Ty Tabor/King's X (one of my all-time favorite bands). Would sound super duper sweet with some doubling up on the guitars and panning. Excellent rendition. Good luck in the contest. :icon_thum

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kc_artist_rocker said:
This really rocked Scott! Love that drop C tuning....very heavy. Reminded me a bit of Ty Tabor/King's X (one of my all-time favorite bands). Would sound super duper sweet with some doubling up on the guitars and panning. Excellent rendition. Good luck in the contest. :icon_thum
ty bro! i was contemplating on doin that.. but got lazy at doubling up the guiatr.. so i just went for broke and did one guitar track for rhythm and for lead. ty bro for listening!:thumb:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Definitely not a complaint, but more an idea for improvement (which you obviously already had the idea for, but not the time, like me this month......and every month) if you decide to pursue developing this tune, which I think is worth the time and effort, as your C-tuned approach to this tune is interesting. It was interesting to hear your version and also Crematia's version, as both were approached from different angles of style and I liked certain aspects of each of your's. But the thing i liked about yours was the chunka-chunka rhythmic drop-C style. :thumbup:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kc_artist_rocker said:
Definitely not a complaint, but more an idea for improvement (which you obviously already had the idea for, but not the time, like me this month......and every month) if you decide to pursue developing this tune, which I think is worth the time and effort, as your C-tuned approach to this tune is interesting. It was interesting to hear your version and also Crematia's version, as both were approached from different angles of style and I liked certain aspects of each of your's. But the thing i liked about yours was the chunka-chunka rhythmic drop-C style. :thumbup:
hey thanks alot bro!:icon_thum

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Ahh Sweet was a cool 70's band. Your guitar sounds great, but the drums are pretty midi sounding. The leads are really cool....and I like the abrupt ending!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts