Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was just screwing around and I heard this tune on the radio (it is a rap tune) and the catch line for it is Lonely....So Lonely....Mr. Lonely (still lonely) blah blah blah. Thought it would be funny for anyone who actually has heard the song. Nothing really special here, just flubbed around over the heavy chords which are the ones from the actual song...(or close to it) just with a bunch of distortion and actually at guitar.

Went for a bit of an 80's style.

Mike

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This sounds great Mike!:D

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Hey Mike, great comp. A catchy little tune for sure. I'm not familiar with the tune so I can't comment much on the "Mellow to Metal" translation, but it was kind of a happy sounding tune played with distortion, so it works. Your guitar playing, production quality and song composition skills consistently improve with each recording. Way to go Homey!

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
listening to this again :D loved it bro :thumb:

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Mike4beka said:
thanks Dutch! This months theme was a good idea for a contest
I kinda thought so too, but where are all the entries? :dunno: Lots of people expressed interest in the theme, but this may be the worst turn out for the MP3 of the Month contest in G101 history, as far as number of people who entered. I appreciate you guys' entries and I am hoping to wrap up production on my entry this evening. Good luck in the contest..

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounds great, but since I have never heard the original it's hard to compare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts