Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LMAO!!! Ok, i know is a bad take..now, what about telling why and how could i improve it?? :icon_peac

The only way to really progress is having some good feedback. Criticism is always welcomed when is constructive. Bashing is ok, but i won't take it into account.;)

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
Good job sis ! Only thing I can think of 2 help is like ya said it sounds like ya whispering and it would be cool if u could just really get into it and let it out . Singin on here isnt easy . You have a nice voice tho hun if u'd just put that power behind it ! easier said than done I know g/f ... its still a great job !

·
Registered
886 Posts
That is great. Maybe the vocal track could have been compressed and not sure if you used a pop shield or not but you were getting some popsfrom the mic. A tiny bit of reverb on the vocals would have done the trick. Cannot fault the singing as it was spot on. The backing was good too.

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Zeppy girl, i appreciate it!! you're right about the whispering, sometime i'm actually affraid that if i go louder it'll be bad...i'll put to work the pipes for the next one!!! Thank you g/f!!!
zeppy said:
Good job sis ! Only thing I can think of 2 help is like ya said it sounds like ya whispering and it would be cool if u could just really get into it and let it out . Singin on here isnt easy . You have a nice voice tho hun if u'd just put that power behind it ! easier said than done I know g/f ... its still a great job !

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Phil, i actually need to know how to setup those parameters you're telling me about...i use Cool Edit Pro 2.0. I would really like if you can explain me what a pop shield is -or tell me where could i find more info on it-, i would also like to know what effect does the reverb has on the voice...nice tricks i've never used...i need to get more acquainted with my software to get those effects right. I choose Coold Edit pro cause it looked easier to play with than Cakewalk, for example. The Wiz told me about this software and i really love it.
My mic is a nexxtech, i think is good, as for how i do it, i just plug it on the sound card...and record.
As for the backing, VanMan is responsible for that one, is a beauty, huh?
phil28uk said:
That is great. Maybe the vocal track could have been compressed and not sure if you used a pop shield or not but you were getting some popsfrom the mic. A tiny bit of reverb on the vocals would have done the trick. Cannot fault the singing as it was spot on. The backing was good too.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
I think it's a great job. Traditionally, vocals have a tad of reverb and compression to them to get them to blend into the mix and sound better, but i would not add those here as I love your interpretation. The softness of the way you sing the lyrics...it's just accentuated by not adding those effects I mentioned, and I like your voice very much as it is. For future experimenting though, in Cool Edit you select the track, click effects at the top, drop down to reverb and select one of the presets like "warm room" and then apply "dynamics processing" from the same "effects" area (select "amplification" and you will see "dynamics processing" ...try the presets). That's what i have used in the past. Best of luck!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was great Sister, great job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Sis, very impressive :bowdown:

I just loved your singing on this. Beautifully done...got me misty...

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
3fingers i really appreciated the explanation, i really didn't know how to use my cool edit, so i'll give it a try the way you suggest it, the adviced is noted, and i'll experiment with it later, i want to know what does it do to the recording. Thank you very much my friend :)
PS: when are you singing again?? love your voice
3fingers said:
I think it's a great job. Traditionally, vocals have a tad of reverb and compression to them to get them to blend into the mix and sound better, but i would not add those here as I love your interpretation. The softness of the way you sing the lyrics...it's just accentuated by not adding those effects I mentioned, and I like your voice very much as it is. For future experimenting though, in Cool Edit you select the track, click effects at the top, drop down to reverb and select one of the presets like "warm room" and then apply "dynamics processing" from the same "effects" area (select "amplification" and you will see "dynamics processing" ...try the presets). That's what i have used in the past. Best of luck!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
This is really beautiful. I was waiting for you to post another vocal since the Tears in Heaven post (which is probably the best vocal take I have heard on G101). POST MORE!!!!! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts