4,017 Posts
Another Wolf...always a good idea....you need a backup.:icon_thum

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stingx said:
Nice score there, Wah. :thumb: What's the count at now 14? :lol:
14? I wish! Nah, I've got rid of loads in the last 18 month (a Frankenstrat, black Les Paul Custom, Jackson Phil Collen, Ibanez RG470 :( ) but I'm thinking maybe eBay would be good for getting bargains if you see a daft price so I'm looking again. Got my eye on a Peavey Vandenberg at the moment! :icon_thum

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Nice score Chris ("bastard!!" he says under his breath!!!:laugh: ) how'd I miss that one. Is it a US special or standard?? great axe all the same.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Nice score Chris! Ebay is the place to go for bargains. I scored an early wolf special in gloss black for 400 even. After I got that guitar, it was cool to get rid of the bulk of guitars I had that I didn't use. Best guitar that I own by far. Grabbed an EXP too for cheap.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
wahwah said:
It's a Special mate but from what I can gather it's one of the early prototypes...it only has the one volume pot like the Standard. I've got my 'lets buy lots of guitars' head on now! :nunu:
Not quite mate...all standards have a volume and tone...all specials have only a volume. I disconnect the tone knobs in all my guitars so they don't do anything.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VHfanOU812 said:
Not quite mate...all standards have a volume and tone...all specials have only a volume. I disconnect the tone knobs in all my guitars so they don't do anything.
Thanks for putting me right mate...wasn't 100% on it. Yeah, I've never used a tone pot in my life either! Tone is in the fingers!

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SuckaIn3Piece said:
Nice score Chris! Ebay is the place to go for bargains. I scored an early wolf special in gloss black for 400 even. After I got that guitar, it was cool to get rid of the bulk of guitars I had that I didn't use. Best guitar that I own by far. Grabbed an EXP too for cheap.
I'll let you know how she plays Sucka...if she's a bad 'un, she'll go back on eBay! :spank:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
So how much is 340 pounds in US Dollars? I had a beer at the London airport last summer and it was 10 pounds so I am guessing 340 is about $200 US.

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
So how much is 340 pounds in US Dollars? I had a beer at the London airport last summer and it was 10 pounds so I am guessing 340 is about $200 US.
The current exchange rate is approx. $2 = £1, so wah's Wolfie is about $670-$680. However, things are more expensive over here in relative terms as the going rate for a new special is approx £900, which equates to approx $1800!!!!

As you can see, wah bagged a bargain!!!:icon_thum

p.s 10 quid for a beer!!!!????!!! now thats expensive!!!:shocked:

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
VHfanOU812 said:
Mate, the exchange rate is usually double ! So you paid around $20 for a pint of beer. Even Stella shouldn't be THAT reassuringly expensive !!!

10 fuckin quid ???

:scif890:

Which London airport were you at mate ? I'll get the bastards, cuz they ripped you off good and proper ! Anyway, £340 is about $680 dollars.

:thumb:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
So the bartenders at the airport are ripping off stupid drunk americans???? It was not Heathrow...but the one is Gatwick or something like that.

Guitars do sound expensive over there......you could get new standards for $1500 US and used ones for $700-900 on e-bay.

Used Specials are usually $450-$550 on Ebay. Even if you paid shipping to the UK it would still be a good deal.

Here is an example of a special at a typical US price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33046&item=3776843360&rd=1

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.