Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Justforthisvai vs andrewtheshreddr (5 votes to win)

• Justforthisvai

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • andrewtheshreddr

Votes: 3 37.5%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Andrew is a good friend of mine. This should be fun. This is a 1 take, no effects, no nothing record in 1 take jam. Its not very good because I've only been playing for about 4 years but here it is. I'm sure Andrew will do a really good jam.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
alright.. heres my take.
i used my washburn :icon_neut strat since i just changed strings on my ibanez which has a floyd locking system so it needs to stretch out :doh: .... so anyways, one take, no effects (only wah wah).. go easy on me ive only played for about 3 years ..

good luck and have fun aman.. urs was amazing!

(oh by the way aman, theres a funny little lick at 1:58 on my take... remember the zappa joke? ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Great battle guys! Both of you really rock it out. Man this is a real hard one to judge, very tight indeed.

My vote goes to andrew though. That lick at 1:58 is amazing and really cougth my ear. :thumb:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Andrew, that was great. It really was, you had your phrases well set out. Its a fun track thats why its just fun to do a jam with it. Your Zappa phrase was cool. I like how you used it. We really should play together after school is over for me.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
hehehehe... ur tone was definitely great... lol.. vox tube!.. i love ur extreme use of wah and superb phrasing.. great use of whammy bar around 2:13!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh man what a hard one to call, Both amazing tracks. Im gonna go with justforthisvai though because I felt it flowed better through the hole song, Would call it a draw though if I could, Good work fellas :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andrew is a great player. Andrew and I are actually doing this as a jam together soon, that way you won't have to decide which of us gets it.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You know how you did a song inspired by Erotic Nightmares? Well, I'm doing a song inspired by Freak Show Excess, Building the Church and There's a fire in the house, I'll put it up when its done. I don't think I'm going to get any work done.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
:rock: alright!! that sounds awesome man.. lol IB exams :eek:oo:

hehehe...

anyways, id love to hear your masterpiece when its done!!!...make use of that 7 string!!! :rock:

Justforthisvai said:
You know how you did a song inspired by Erotic Nightmares? Well, I'm doing a song inspired by Freak Show Excess, Building the Church and There's a fire in the house, I'll put it up when its done. I don't think I'm going to get any work done.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Great work, both of you, but I had to go for Aman's piece...Love the sound.

Dangit I've been playing for 5 years and I'm nowhere near either of you! Not fair!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts