Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Kansas - Child of Innocence

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  rain 
#1 ·
This is kind of an obscure Kansas track, but it's always been one of my favorites. It represents many of the things that Kansas is best at: classical influence, cool guitar riffs, tempo changes, beautiful melodies - about the only thing this song lacks is one of the trademark violin parts. I tried to be faithful to the original except on the solo in the middle and the vocals, which are beyond my talent. I sang this about an octave low, just to fill out the song for now, but I'd be more than happy to strip my vocal and offer up the backing track for a more skilled singer! Also, there's a few tuning (or perhaps intonation) problems, but after a little too much time on the project, I decided to let it go. Hope it's still cool.

#5 · (Edited)
Thanks Gents. This was on Masque, the third Kansas album, which also had Icarus - Borne on Wings of Steel. The whole album is great, although lesser known than their subsequent albums. The following year was Leftoverture with Carry on Wayward Son for their big, breakthrough, arena song. Leftoverture has a lot of other great songs too, some of which I'm also thinking about covering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.