Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am really hesitant to post this. I can hear all sorts of mistakes. I wanted to try and get back into posting with vocals....maybe this was not the tune to try.
I got the backing from the site...(Podgod I think...thanks PG!).

It's rather long, but if you make it to the end, I thank you for listening.

Attachments

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
3fingers said:
I am really hesitant to post this. I can hear all sorts of mistakes. I wanted to try and get back into posting with vocals....maybe this was not the tune to try.
I got the backing from the site...(Podgod I think...thanks PG!).

It's rather long, but if you make it to the end, I thank you for listening.
WHAT???????? hesitant????? I had better give up then!

Seriously this is brilliant! Your vocals are excellent and that vibrato is so sublime - and THAT 10 second vocal gymnastic note at 4:20!!! fuck man, that was very cool!

The playing is great too - you nail page.

Linda is gonna freak when she hears this :thumb: :bowdown: :bowdown: :woot:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I haven't slept yet since last night. To me, the mistakes are obvious...maybe it will sound better when I come back fresh. Appreciate you stopping by to check it out! :)

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jeez! Did Goport call you on the phone Linda? hehehe....that was quick, he was just mentioning your name. Thanks for listening!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
Man this was just killa, awesoem job Serg, a definite keeper!! :thumb: :thumb: :rock: :rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
MISTAKES!?????...NO SERG...you were amazing as always!!!!...

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks TJ and Rain! You guys are the best! Always very uplifting. I appreciate it very much.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
I guess no matter how good you are, you will always be way too critical of yourself. Case in point is what we have here. You must have been somewhat happy with the final prouct to post it but since you create it you will have some parts that bother you that no one else may pick up on. How do I perceive this track? I think your vocals are top shelf. No shitting you here, man. Outstanding. The whole production sounds great. Do you sound like Plant, I donut think so, man. If I wanted to listen to the original I would just pop in the cd. Your guitar playing is extremely good and is the icing on the cake here. You could go back and muck around with this mix all you want but I feel you did an excellent job of capturing the performance already. :bowdown:

I very much enjoyed this and saved it. Cheers, man!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Stingx! I feel much better about it now. I wrassled with it overnight and I had gone to far to give up on it. I think my neighbors could hear me yelping the vocals about 6:00am this morning...

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
sergio this was outstanding man.. you should never doubt your abilities bro.. your an awsome guitar player and a kickass vocalist.. when ya put that together it means your always fantastic.. never doubt yourself man:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man...what a masterpiece!!!!:bowdown: This is a major undertaking, bro!!!!:shock: Very impressive!!!!:icon_thum

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Serg...this rocked. Not an easy song to sing, you did a gr8 job.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can't thank you guys enough! Appreciate your listening. I just woke-up from a short nap from being at it all night. Makes the effort worth it for your comments. Thank you sincerely.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Serg,, Excellent job my friend. You really did an outstanding job on this one. I hear ya about beeing picky becaus I get that way too when im recording,,, all the little things ya notice that others might or even might notice. To me,, this is some great work.. To even take a tune like this and to try and pull it off,, you got balls bro! Like your vocals alot too..This is a definite Keeper for me. Especially when Zeppelin is pulled off as good as this track. Thanks for giving this track some kick ass effort and for posting this. With your guitar and singing skills bro,,, you have alot of talent in there that many search for. I swear your Led Zeppelin reincarnated! Let the Zep Live on with kick ass covers like this!!!!!:rock: :rock: :icon_thum

1 - 20 of 39 Posts