Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's our take on a most kickass tune by Neil Young (further proof he definitely DOES NOT suck):

Goport - Vocals
Scott Parnell - Lead Guitar
Mondola - Bright Clean Rhythm Guitar
Stingx - Heavy Bottom Rhythm Guitar

I gave this a mastering through Audition and I love the way Porty's vocals came out very punchy and gritty sounding (excellent work), Mondy's brights ring in the mix, and Scott's lead work sound searing.

Thank you all, this was fun and well worth the time. I would love to do another.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Whoooooooooo this was fkin awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..Great job guys!!!!!!!!!!...This is a keeper for sure!!!!!...You guys get the stars!!!!!!!!!........Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:icon_evil :icon_evil :icon_evil

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was killa guys, absolutly awesome job, a definite keeper!!!!:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
great job by everyone and porty the vocals were killer.. nice playing sting and scott and mondy... and great job on the mix:bannana_g :bannana_g

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
Man o man o man ! I have been so waiting for this to be posted, after listening to the various stages of it's development as we have passed it back and forth !

:mix:

There are so many things that I love about this track ! stingx came up with the first rhythm on this because I was struggling trying to play it, typically putting my own spin on things. His tone was so good that I thought there was no point me trying to compete for the same heavy tone. I've seen this performed live various times and there's always been someone twanging away on a clean tone, so I decided to be that guy and so fill up some of that part of the wall of sound we have created.

Then came along Scott with his awesome fills and that wonderful harmony section after all of the choruses that really gives the song another unique twist. The solos are top notch by him, as ever !

And last, and certainly not least, Goport's vocals ! Really raw and gravelly, filling up yet another part of the sonic spectrum !

The overall vibe I love of this one is that I feel we've managed to capture a "live" feel despite none of us ever being present in the same place together.

Really, really proud of this one and thanx to stingx for asking me to participate and giving me the chance to work with such talents.

Truly, although I'm biased, you're gonna damn well enjoy this one !

:rock:

·
I'm a Very Good Girl !
1,350 Posts
Wow, Wow, Wow....guys. Not just 1, 2 or even 3 but 4 great blokes combining awesome talent culminating in an absofuckingluetely brilliant cover *****

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow! :eek:oo:
So many really nice replies that I might start thinking this is actually good :wtf:

Thanks you guys, and gals! You made my evening with such nice feedback.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Blimey... it's good innit :D All Credit to sting for getting this going and also geting it finished - Nice mix man! Great playing by the 3 Axes (Mondy Scott and Sting) and well I kind of lost my voice but it seems to add to the track. The vocal harmonies sound better than I remmember too. Aye I am proud to have been a part of this. Thanks for the opportunity guys :D

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
stingx said:
Wow! :eek:oo:
So many really nice replies that I might start thinking this is actually good :wtf:

Thanks you guys, and gals! You made my evening with such nice feedback.
Dude, you have been spending too much time with me !!! Listen to how negative you sound ! :lol:

In the time it took me to reply, there were like 5 or 6 more replies before me. DO I write too much ?

Anyway, I'd like to further thank everyone for all their kind words and thanx as well. Makes it all worthwhile !

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hahahaah, you silly bastard, you sound really good in this. I ran the last mix through Audition and kept farting about with Ozone till I was able to get the EQ just right and it was by accident and tweaking that I tried something that popped your voice out in the mix and it also added to Scott's lead. So I left it, tossed in some mild excitement and called it a wrap :lol:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Look out George Martin, Here comes stingx :D Great job mate!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Love the song, the vocals rocked!! And Neil Young definately does not suck.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Goport said:
Look out George Martin, Here comes stingx :D Great job mate!
Ah my friend, remember something, even a polished turd is still a turd. Shit in will always equal shit out. You can spice up something good to make it great but it has to be good to begin with.

Thanks again for doing the vocals on this. I think Scott will be pleased with the final take of this when he gets in. You are all very cool folks and it was nice to jam out on this. Oh, I have to agree with Mondy, this sounds like we were in the same room ;)

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
wow rockin! awesome mix here Sting! I wanna say thanks for askin me to be a part of this sting and mondola! and goport,, what can I say man! your vocals topprd this off soooo sweet! loved it! :thumb: ty everyone for all the comments too!:thumb:

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
OMG!!!! How did this slip past me for two days?!?!?!:dunno: Anyway....this totally rocked guys!!!!:woot: A four way collab is just too cool, guys!!! Gr8 job by all!!!!!:icon_thum

1 - 20 of 50 Posts