Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is an old recording i scarfed up from my old days at gb. I don't expect that much response on this track recording is crappy due to the filke had to be small for guiatrbattle,, and my playing isnt that good. well,, here goes nothin' ... some killa queef for yas.....:D
Killer Queen.mp3 (4.37 MB)

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
LMAO killa queeeefff :lol: This sounds killa Scott, aweosme job!! :thumb: :thumb:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
This was great hun!!!!...I love this tune!!!:grin: :grin:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Great scott!!! this IS great scott :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like how the guitar is the vocal part.

That solo was neat. It really got your feeling into the song.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I remember this from GB!! Love this song...love the early Queen band. Cool rendition, Scott but, you've improved tremendously since you recorded this!!!:jam:

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:toothlessYeah old Queen!
Liked this take.
Had a good feel and an obvious love for Queen.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
slimshady842 said:
I like how the guitar is the vocal part.

That solo was neat. It really got your feeling into the song.
Rhanks alot for listening and appreciate your comments! I used to do lead guiatr for vocals alot for GuitarBattle due to the fact that we didnt have singers there,, and to spice up a tune,, I would try the idea of adding lead guiatr to the simulate the vocal lines. thanks again for the comments!:thumb:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
sgstd said:
I remember this from GB!! Love this song...love the early Queen band. Cool rendition, Scott but, you've improved tremendously since you recorded this!!!:jam:
Thanks alot for listening and appreciate your comments Robbie! Appreciate you noticing that my guitar playing has improved since this. I think that we all do and great people like you and many others help me to get better and sites like this do as well. thanks alot again bud!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
It would be enough work just to duplicate Brian May's guitar parts on this song, so it was really, really cool that you played the vocal line on the guitar too. Duplicating vocals or other instrumental parts on the guitar helps to provide new ways of phrasing and articulating when soloing. Good post!

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Rid said:
:toothlessYeah old Queen!
Liked this take.
Had a good feel and an obvious love for Queen.
Thanks alot Rid! actually .. lately I been gettin into some queen I might even wanna do another cover of his band soon in the future. thanks again for your comments!:thumb:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ksdb said:
It would be enough work just to duplicate Brian May's guitar parts on this song, so it was really, really cool that you played the vocal line on the guitar too. Duplicating vocals or other instrumental parts on the guitar helps to provide new ways of phrasing and articulating when soloing. Good post!
thanks alot Ksdb for listerning bud! appreciate your comments as well!. I totally agree that playing like this has helped me gain more ideas when I do my lead stuff now. Thanks again man!:thumb:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Very nice scott..........:thumb: I listend to this when it was first posted but forgot to reply i must of been on the bottle :drunk:

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i too remember this from gb. This is nice, good to hear a bigger file/hi fi version of the tune. We were really limited w/ file size on GB

1 - 20 of 21 Posts