Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, here's the solo from one of my band's songs, "Killers." I thought it was kind of fun. I decided to go crazy and burn Zakk Wylde/Kerry King style. I don't know if it's all perfectly in tune (the first half's in G#m and the second half is in F#m), but it is nuts nonetheless. There's some nice Floyd abuse at the end, but my singer kind of drowned it out, lol. Let me know what you all think.

Also, I just added another solo, the one to our song "Super Duper Crackhead." It should be attached along with the other one. It is wierder than the other one. The chord progression is a few simple power chords (F#5, G5, and A5) centered around the root of F#, but I used an odd combination of Phrygian (1,b2,b3,4,5,b6,b7) and Phrygian Dominant (the fifth mode of harmonic minor, I think). The latter is nearly identical to Phrygian save for the major third, which leaves an odd one-and-a-half step gap between the second and third interval. I also do a fourth-fret harmonic on the 2nd and 3rd strings and pull up on the bar for a crazy ending. It just seemed really pedestrian to bend the 24th fret of the 1st string up a full step to end it, that's what I was doing before. Anyway, enough theory ranting, check it out.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Sounds cool! Ive been to Maumee OH. I played in a band in Toledo, You have probably know if the band of Damien, with Chuck Stohl. He taught me theory. Anyway, your band sounds great!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
very flash and cool mate :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nandk said:
Sounds cool! Ive been to Maumee OH. I played in a band in Toledo, You have probably know if the band of Damien, with Chuck Stohl. He taught me theory. Anyway, your band sounds great!
Hell yeah, I've heard of them. Nice to know someone has been to the swamp known as Maumee. Rock on.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added another solo to my initial post at the top, since I didn't want to open a new thread for it. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Reckless Abandon to the MAX. This is cool agressive meat.

Ex-cer-ent!!!
ET:jam:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts