Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My jam over this backing .. Granted,, I never learned this tune from tab or even listened to the tune to learn it. I just do my own thing on this. sometime i'll actually learn this song and do a better job on this. but I guess best thing is to do my own way ,, so here it is.. Scott against the machine :D I love my digitech wammy pedal!:D
killing in the name of jam.mp3 (4.90 MB)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Pretty fantastic cover! Yeah, love that digitech too, to be honest I never knew that that was how those sounds were made! Very cool.:rock::rock:

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Hell yea Scott!!!!!!..This kicked ass babe!!!!....I love Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I so love how you made it your own!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
strat78 said:
Pretty fantastic cover! Yeah, love that digitech too, to be honest I never knew that that was how those sounds were made! Very cool.:rock::rock:
thanks alot strat. yeah ,, thats how tom morello makes those wicked sounds is with a digitech wammy pedal . I have had mine for quite some time,, and now and then,, ill hook it up to use it. I love using it with my floyd rose also to get the bad horsie type of dives.:icon_thum

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rain said:
Hell yea Scott!!!!!!..This kicked ass babe!!!!....I love Rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...I so love how you made it your own!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Thanks alot mandy. Appreciate you checking this out hun.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
The whammy thing takes it to a whole new level, almost sounds like a synth gone wild. You really made that your own song and your playing is fantastic.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow,, thanks guys! I just like this backing and decided to jam to it. i didnt even do alot of takes on this. i just went for it and said I'll do my own thing. ty for all the kind comments!:icon_thum

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Evhmoon said:
Great Job man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am a huge Tom Morello fan!!! i should do something like this.. u just gave me a great idea for something else i been thinking bout doin. :thumb:
Awesome! I cant wait to hear it! I bet it will soooo rock! Ty for your comments too!:thumb:

·
MOON RULES!
450 Posts
ya know, its wierd.. anytime i hear a big band doing a cover song, whethers its a old aerosmith tune or what not. i like the cover to be almost identicle to the original. But when i am fuckin around with songs myself....I tend to go a lil different...just somtimes though.. its like when Brad Gillas joined ozzy for a bit.. he came in and changed solos around which i hated!!!!!!!!!!

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Evhmoon said:
ya know, its wierd.. anytime i hear a big band doing a cover song, whethers its a old aerosmith tune or what not. i like the cover to be almost identicle to the original. But when i am fuckin around with songs myself....I tend to go a lil different...just somtimes though.. its like when Brad Gillas joined ozzy for a bit.. he came in and changed solos around which i hated!!!!!!!!!!
yes,, im usually like that with covers. i do prefer to be more close to original than what i did on this.. but sometimes i just let it go like i did on this. most of time ,, i try to be close to original tunes.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
POWERFUL!! Great job on this!! Not many can duplicate the guitarist here! Your version is true to the feel of the tune!! Loved it Scott! "Killing in the name of Scott!!" :rock:

...man..I sound like a serial murderer now....:scif890:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts