Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my cover of Roger McGuinn's brilliant "King of the Hill." (No, not the cartoon theme song.) I wanted to record a song using my Digitech pedal's awesome effect that makes my 6-string Strat sound like a Rickenbacker 12-string.

I tried to keep the solos fairly laid-back and um...McGuinn-like but only partially succeeded. Hey, it's hard not arpeggio-ing once you know how!

The backing track was sequenced in "Band in a Box," software about which I cannot say enough good things. It was necessary to re-do most of the MIDI (except for the drums) of course, but I'd never have gotten this far without BiaB. Great software for a songwriter. Really.

I'm pretty happy with the way this turned out, overall. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
ive played this a few times, and to my ears i think it is really good great vocals and guitar,awesome rendition loved it!!!

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was awesome, killa job TheStorm!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I hate band in a box but you really have gotten good things from it. Rog would be proud and rightly so. This is really cool. I also admire your restraint lol the guitars are pretty close to the original in feel. the vox are really cool too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts