05 Bye And Bye 4:29
06 Hypnotized 6:35
07 Minglewood Blues 3:44
08 Battle Of New Orleans 5:26
09 Big Iron 4:39
10 Jump For Joy 3:27
11 Promised Land 3:55
12 Sea Cruise 3:14

• Brilliant performance at Calderone Concert Hall, Hempstead, NY on 27th March 1976
• Includes the entire WLIR-FM broadcast
• Digitally remastered for enhanced sound quality
• Background liners

Barcode and Other Identifiers
Barcode: 5291012504814

Notes: Kingfish was fundamentally different to the more celebrated bands that Bob Weir and Dave Torbert hailed from. They clearly dug deep into their mutual love of American roots music to fashion a repertoire that established Kingfish as its own entity. The setlist performed here reflects the soul of their repertoire and finds Weir enjoying a brief sojourn from his obligations with the Grateful Dead while they took a well-earned break.

As for Bob Weir, nobody was really sure what a hiatus for the Dead meant, and Kingfish could have blossomed if the Dead had remained on the bricks, but Weir had a fantastic few hundred hours jamming with friends as this performance easily shows.

Klondike proudly presents the entire original WLIR-FM broadcast of Bob Weir with Kingfish live at Calderone Concert Hall, Hempstead, NY from 27th March 1976.

Professionally re-mastered original broadcast with background liners and rare archival photos! An exceptional celebration of the American songbook and a valuable addition for fans of NRPS and Grateful Dead.

https://www.discogs.com/Kingfish-Bob-Weir-Minglewood-Blues/release/10063590

KINGFISH WITH BOB WEIR - Minglewood Blues (CD)

-----------------------------------

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\01 Kingfish - Mystery Train - Muleskinner Blues.flac'
Audio File Passed Verification

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\02 Kingfish - Goodbye Your Honor.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 3' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\03 Kingfish - Lazy Lightning - Supplication.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 4' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\04 Kingfish - Juke.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 5' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\05 Kingfish - Bye And Bye.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 6' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\06 Kingfish - Hypnotized.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\07 Kingfish - Minglewood Blues.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\08 Kingfish - Battle Of New Orleans.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\09 Kingfish - Big Iron.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\10 Kingfish - Jump For Joy.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\11 Kingfish - Promised Land.flac'

Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\Steven Britt Tinney\Music\Kingfish\Minglewood Blues\12 Kingfish - Sea Cruise.flac'

File Factory: https://tinyurl.com/y7dctdqc

Mega: https://mega.nz/file/Ht4AhKRb

Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1eqnfVlAC7cux9R8sn1Fcidn61QP6GMGE/view?usp=sharing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Thank you

Reactions: Steven Tinney

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
My recollection was that there was a Kingfish live CD released a few years ago that was also from this tour. Was that set from this show or the Beacon Theater show that WNEW-FM taped and was later used for a KBFH broadcast?

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Thanks Steven, using the link helped me find my copy. The "official" release, which was included in a whole batch of KBFH releases, was from the Beacon Theater show taped on 4/3/1976. This recording from WLIR is from the early show that night. I don't think I have ever come across a recording of the late show and etreedb does not even have a setlist.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Kingfish

Thanks Steven, using the link helped me find my copy. The "official" release, which was included in a whole batch of KBFH releases, was from the Beacon Theater show taped on 4/3/1976. This recording from WLIR is from the early show that night. I don't think I have ever come across a recording of the late show and etreedb does not even have a setlist.
I am slowly waking up so be patient with me. There were two New York area dates -- this show in Hempstead NY on 3/27/1976 and the second show in NYC on 4/3/1976.

This recording is from a WLIR broadcast of the early show on 3/27. There was a late show but WLIR probably did not tape it and there is no setlist. There was no official release of this show.

The "official" KBFH release is from the Beacon Theater show on 4/3/1976. That show was one single set and is tracked that way in the CD version. The CD is somewhat edited for length but is a great show.

OK, I feel like I sorted out out my own confusion here. Steven, thanks for assist. Now I can go to work with a clear conscience.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts