Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

KISS - Gaumont Theater Southampton England WRATHCHILD REMASTER October 1, 1984

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Bone24 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

KISS
Date: October 1, 1984
Venue: Gaumont Theater, Southampton., England 10/1/84
From the WRATHCHILD RECORDINGS collection, but NOT a WRATHCHILD Recording.
WRATHCHILD REMASTER
Media: FLAC
Legnth: 1:16:50

Source: Tape Trade -> Maxell High Bias tape-> AVS Audio Editor (see below) -> WAV --> SONY CD Architect --> removed tape flip ---> SONY Soundforge9.0 -> AVS Audio Editor --> Created individual song WAV files --> SoThink Video COnverter--> FLAC > Traders Little Helper (Removed SBEs)-> ZIP -> YOU!

01. Detroit Rock City
02. Cold Gin
03. Strutter
04. Fits Like a Glove
05. Solo Paul
06. Under the Gun
07. Heaven's on Fire
08. War Machine
09. Solo Eric
10. Young and Wasted
11. I've Had Enough (Into The Fire)
12. I still love You
13. Lick It Up
14. Love Gun Story
15. Love Gun
16. Solo Gene
17. I love it loud
18. Rock And Roll all Nite

Bonus Tracks:
19. Foreign Int. w/Gene & Paul '84
20. WWCK Saginaw, MI Concert Promo 12/11/84

https://mega.nz/#!m80g0DBa!O7hXki49SaA6CWpm3C4mMdkywwrYm7kf0xsBVZCgTiY

WRATHCHILD REMASTER
Taken from a tape trade on Low Bias cassette and stored in my hot attic for the last 15 years. This was the second night of the opening/European leg of the ANIMALIZE tour and provides an interesting set list.

This is either a different source or a better quality transfer than the Lossy version that circulates but it is however, INCOMPLETE. (ends after RARAN). ALso the tape ran slow, So i corrected the speed and the pitch

Copied the left channel to the right as the right was lower and fluctuated more although some fluctuating still exists.

Removed tape flip.
Added end of ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE from an enhanced version of the song from the Lossy version of the same concert.

In Sony Soundforge:
Noise Reduction
Click and Crackle remover

IN AVS:
Sped up 104%
pitch correction 1 Semitone down
Auto Correction
Low End Compression to reduce muffled sound.
Brought down volume
Boosted Low end EQ levels.

:thumbup::afro::icon_head:angel::lol::sadwavey::icon_thum:clap::devildanc:devilchil:irock::dance::beerbang::wutblau::throwup::jam::rimshot:

See less See more
#6 ·
i don't have any of these but perhaps Kumpleklaus can help.

also, if you can post the lossy St Austel 1984-10-02 that would be great. i only have a few Animalize shows on tape that i'm turning into FLAC and about 15 or so downloads mixed Lossy/Lossless. I'm going to be looking to collect the whole tour like i did for Lick It Up so if you have ANY in either format (especially the European leg) please post.

Klaus has been a HUGE help in having me complete my collection.

#8 ·
New link and a new REMASTER. If you downloaded the previous version, DELETE it and download this one.

https://mega.nz/#!6tNVyZSK!rjCppFDaIgf3EwzklNuFP6rMYXWWvE9MzeJR9IHA2ks

Found a few flaws in the original remastering so i re-did it. This one sounds better. Here are the REMASTERING notes. Everything else is the same

Copied the left channel to the right as the right was lower and fluctuated more although some fluctuating still exists.

Removed tape flip.
Added end of ROCK AND ROLL ALL NITE from an enhanced version of the song from the Lossy version of the same concert.

In Sony Soundforge:
Noise Reduction
Acoustic Mirror utility to brighten sound

IN AVS:
Sped up 110%
pitch correction 1 Semitone up
Multibrand Compression - user defined setting to reduce muffling
Noise Gate - Pre set for Cassette Recording to brighten and reduce muffling
Boosted Low end and high endEQ levels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.