Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The next time you get in an argument with a Zep-head about all the songs they "stole"...play them this.....thanx to the original poster.....

Zep Classics

Songs that Led Zeppelin covered/borrowed/stole/appropriated, depending on your point of view. Zep scholars will probably understand the inclusion of some of the stranger tracks (I'll admit some of these elude me), while amateur musicologists (of which I am one) will delight in the rare and historical gems presented here.

The level of thievery/allusion/homage (again depending on your point of view) is surprising on some of these tracks. The maker also included two fun bonuses (or "bonii" as one of my highschool teachers used to say), the latter of which are upgraded with a less-crackly one from the original poster's own collection. Enjoy

1) Johnny Burnette and the Rock'n'Roll Trio - The Train Kept A-Rollin'
2) Jake Holmes - Dazed and Confused
3) Garnet Mimms - As Long As I Have You
4) Joan Baez - Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You
5) Muddy Waters - You Shook Me
6) Robert Johnson - Stones In My Passway
7) Bert Jansch - Black Water Side
8) Otis Rush - I Can't Quit You Baby
9) Howlin' Wolf - How Many More Years
10) Albert King - The Hunter
11) Muddy Waters - You Need Love
12) Howlin' Wolf - Killing Floor
13) Robert Johnson - Traveling Riverside Blues
14) Sonny Boy Williamson II - Bring It On Home
15) John Lee Hooker - Boogie Chillun
16) Elvis Presley - That's Alright, Mama
17) Eddie Cochran - Something Else
18) Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth
19) Leadbelly - Gallows Pole (The Gallis Pole)
20) Little Richard - Keep A-Knockin'
21) Memphis Minnie - When the Levee Breaks
22) Bukka White - Shake 'Em On Down
23) Blind Willie Johnson - In My Time of Dying (Jesus Make Up My Dying Bed)
24) The Meters - Cissy Strut
25) Blind Willie Johnson - Nobody's Fault But Mine

26) Rolf Harris - Stairway to Heaven
27) Little Roger and the Goosebumps - Stairway to Gilligan's Island

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4MHFOP9B

(ps: for some reason i cant post from my Opera browser...I have to use IE)

·
Registered
367 Posts
Unfortunately, the link you have clicked is not available.Reasons for this may include:
- Invalid link
- The file has been deleted because it was violating our Terms of service.
please REUP!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,592 Posts
arghhhhhhh ....yeah jAidedXXX, dead link

I also wanted to hear this, for the original version of Dazed and Confused (was he ever paid royalties?)

·
Registered
367 Posts
these are unreleased Live versions of tracks that have not been officially released
some are on bootlegs you may have some not
someone please REUP!

·
Registered
367 Posts
to complete that "Just a thought"...because unless the original poster has uploaded official studio versions/B-sides these are unofficial Live versions of tracks that are a complilation from many different bootleg concerts
>i have many bootlegs with some of these tracks on them and some i dont have and would like to have
btw.:.and I know alot about Zeppelin!!!
"just a thought"
.:.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Knowing a lot about zep is irrelevant in this case - nowhere in the original post does it mention live or studio - & I would like to have this as well...BUT again, how do you KNOW these are unofficial live versions? Or are you just psychic? I also have some of these, & not others, & in over 30 years of bootlegging, I have learnt that everything floats to the surface eventually - somewhere or other...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Darkstar.:.i did'nt ask 4 insults and an arguement with the likes of U over this
now piss off and go away!
& how did I insult you? I pointed out 1 or 2 things - like you don't know if they're official tracks or not - & if they're official, the mods have already said they're not to be posted - or don't you read the stickies? I suggest you follow your own advice, & piss off somewhere else if you're looking for copyrighted material that could get the forum shut down - have a nice life asshole!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.