Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hope this does not bore everybody to death but I just adore this acoustic Zeppelin tune. Actually the riff was taken almost note for note from Bert Jansch's song "Blackwater Side." No bongos in this and I added my own little interlude here and there.:icon_peac

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
where's the file...???...i love this tune... :notme:

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
beautiful tune...superb rendition...thanks strat78...you rock... :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I'd say that was well-played. Your guitar has almost a 12-string quality to the sound with lots of interesting overtones.

·
Banned
25 Posts
i liked it a lot, had an own twist to it.
i liked the bells that accentuated certain passages too.
i would have liked to hear the original solo, but the one you did fit nice too.

·
Registered
265 Posts
cool palyin ,, i liked youre playin.. whats that led zeppelin stole someones elses riffss,, say it aint so..lol.i love led zeppelin , but they have stole lots of music over the years..

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
WOW!!!! This is killer, bro!!!! :bowdown: Never heard anyone try to pull this off!!! :shock: What are you using here? Sounds gr8!!!!:icon_thum

·
Registered
479 Posts
man thats awsome :icon_thum some nice playing there and great sound :icon_thum

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys for listening. I have an old Yamaha stereo acoustic. I just ran it through with mild chorus and a little echo paned left and right. There must be another way to play this tune because there are parts that are very difficult to finger. Maybe page had two guitars going in his version. This song is just a piece of magic to me, evokes cloud capped mountains and lush valleys.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Strat, you kicked ass bro!! Excellent acoustic tone and wonderful playing!!
Bravo!!!!! :bowdown:

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the coments. This stuff is really my roots and I miss playing it. Anybody want to add the bongo and tabla to this?

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Wow, strat, very well played and sounds great! You never disappoint :icon_thum

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
I am so jealous, I have been trying to learn this one for a long time, get frustrated and put it aside, until I hear it again, and then start the cycle over. Your version is terrific, wonderful job.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Rythameen said:
I am so jealous, I have been trying to learn this one for a long time, get frustrated and put it aside, until I hear it again, and then start the cycle over. Your version is terrific, wonderful job.
Thanks so much. Frustration? You don't know the half of it. I don't kid myself with this one, I have been playing this thing for many months now. Actually it took a month and a half just to build up callouses on my thumb.
This sort of guitar music just fascinates me. Probably the most difficult thing I have ever done here. I will still keep working on this because there are many parts I feel are not executed with complete confidence.:wutblau:

·
Registered
574 Posts
From start to finish I never got bored. Excellent job! Bravo!

I love this jam. Ya did yaself proud!

Janell

1 - 20 of 35 Posts