Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's time to post another cover. I just recorded this one.
The solo section is mostly improvised, but has similar pieces to what page played, and also a few other licks I stole that you'll probably recognize.

I played harmonica instead of vocals, I think it came out ok, considering I'm a newb at the harp.

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Man, this rocked, bro!!!:jam: One of my fav Zep tunes!!! Nice touch with the harp for vocals!!!:icon_thum

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
The guitars are great, how did eddie get in there :lol:

The harp is definately original - I would look at ways to produce the harp though as the volume levels fluctuate quite a lot in this one. I reckon a touch of reverb and compression would help, maybe even mild excitation to brighten it a bit. Just suggestions mate - so don't take offence.

Great Cover!! :thumb:

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Hey , this is superb i know how hard it is to play a lunchwrapper , you are superb i wish i could play one :bowdown: and the guitar is as solid as a rock

·
Registered
245 Posts
Hey man, excellent job on the tune. Eddie? :lol:

Well, regarding a mic, you can use an SM57. Get a boom stand and that's it. Like Goport said, some good effects on the harmonica and at least the 57, will do just great. I use an SM57 to record my vocals.
Again, outstanding.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
733 Posts
wicked tone on this man. :jam: loved it. :rock: great blues harp playing too.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Naz!! Great job! That harmonica is a cool touch! The tone on your guitar is really nice. I love it! I think a good mic will definetly help the harmonica sound, and perhaps a bit of reverb or delay. The introduction of the Eruption solo parts were a nice touch I thought. :icon_thum

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
VERY COOL. Nice clean production and rockin' tone (sounds bad-ass cranked way up)! You really tore it up with the guitar! Love the harmonica!:rock:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Awesome rendition man! this reminds me like john popper and jeff healey did with communication breakdown, where john used the harmonica for vocals. awesome job! killer tone on your guitar as well! like the delay in the solo section! your solo part ripped! like how you mixed eruption parts in the solo! man,, that mixed well you doin the idea like that! wtg again man!:icon_thum :rock: :rock:

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
I always been wanting to get a harp myself,, but wouldnt know how or what to do with it. who knows,, maybe someday ill give one a shot myself. had to come back to relisten to this. wtg again!

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
:bowdown: :bowdown: Man killer job Naiffffffffffffff ! Loved every bit of it ! whoooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo ! yer one killer guitar player ! Even liked the harp myself !

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was badass, looved the Eruption lick it soo fit, aweosme job!! :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts