Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had fun with this one. I don't think the neighbours appreciated me howling out the chorus!!

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
great job porty.. i never heard the original but this sounds killer.. seems like your gettin more comfortable with doin vocals.. keep em comin:thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks Linda and Wiz :thumb:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ur welcome mate :)

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wiz -it was originally done by Wings (as in Paul McCartney and co.) It is a beautiful song and full of the spirit of John Lennon. I think I popped a nad singing it :lol:

seriously it is my favourite McCartney track ever and I love doing vox (even if I suck) hahahaha!!

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
Oh man....this is just gr8, bro!!!!:bowdown: Those guitar parts are perfect!!!:jam: And you nailed the vocal vibe!!!! :thumb: Haven't heard this song in many years!!!:woot:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thankyou sgstd :) I just listened back and wish I didn't put the guitar pedal tone in now but, well there was a gap :). Thanks man. It is a great tune from a great album :thumb:

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Outstanding Gport!! You've got a great voice! As for your playing, I have always loved it. One hell of a great job!! :icon_thum :icon_peac Bravo sir!!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that is very flattering coming from the best singer on the forum mate. Thank you.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Great stuff Porty!!.....:icon_cool

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Sling, Sting and Rain :thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had never heard this song until now, but I immediately noticed the Lennon-esque quality/feel. Everything was good, the vocals especially.

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks you very much RVH, Flying V and SDJ218. Yeah it does sound like a Lennon Track even though it was a McCartney one. The original does too. Thanks again chaps :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts