Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a cool cover I just finished of Rush's "Limelight." It's still a little rough, I may make some changes, and I haven't decided whether I'll cut vocals or ask someone else to try. The guitars and bass are all me. The drums were sequenced on a Boss DR-670. Gear used: Gibson Explorer, Ibanez RG, Danalectro U2, Line 6 Vetta II head, Gibson Thunderbird, Digitech bass processor.

I kind of got that cool octave effect in the solo by using the pitch shift function on my Vetta. I'm also still considering putting the synths in. Even though there weren't that many, it makes a difference. I hope you guys enjoy!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,734 Posts
You've got that compressed Lifeson tone on the guitar!! Nice layering of the guitar on the chorus. The solo is awesome! I think you captured it quite nicely!! Excellent!! :icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,253 Posts
Good work my man. I worship this song and enjoy playing the bass line to it as much as the guitar...both sound superb and well played. Drum track is also awesome...where did you get it or did you program it? I did a version of this that was a little rough round the edges a few months ago...this sounds a lot better than mine. :thumb:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,799 Posts
Great job tepes, very faithful to the original..... great tones on the guitars, just wish they were a little more forward in the mix, just my opinion....... maybe you could get one of the vocalists on this site to put their nuts in a vice, and lay down the voc's for you LOL....:thumb: :icon_peac

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
wahwah said:
Good work my man. I worship this song and enjoy playing the bass line to it as much as the guitar...both sound superb and well played. Drum track is also awesome...where did you get it or did you program it? I did a version of this that was a little rough round the edges a few months ago...this sounds a lot better than mine. :thumb:
I used a MIDI sequence and hade my drum machine play it back in slave mode. It makes life a lot easier. I would not want to program a track that intense with a lousy drum machine interface.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.