Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Vox Valvetronix VT100

Votes: 4 57.1%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone im new today to this site and im looking for honest input about these two amps please. ok this is whats up. ten or so years ago i had some financial hardships and had to sell my gear. now im getting back into music and its been along time and things have changed. right now i have a JS1000 on the way and i need to find an amp that will fit my style. what i like to play is all van halen stuff (eddie is the man and why i play), satriani, old ozzie with rhodes, steve via stuff, dokken etc. im not in a band but would like to get back into it if the chance presents itslef. after looking at the two amps i find that they are quite similar. if i decide on the Line 6 Flextone III it will be
2X12. i thought about the DSL100MLB and half cab but for what im doing wich is playing at home i wont be able to turn it up loud enough to hear its sweet spot. all advice welcome. thanks.
Paul

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've owned a Flextone III XL and the old Vox AD100VT. Both are pretty good amps in my opinion.

The Flextone is well built, offers a number of different effects and amps, and allows for MIDI hook up to your computer to download patches. The Floorboard is a big plus.

I think though you get more of a tube like sound with the Vox, and having the power attenuator is a HUGE plus....really allows you to use the amp at home or gigging while getting more tube like tones.

Both amps benefit greatly from an EQ pedal in the effects loop. The Vox is a bit more dynamic in my opinion, whereas the Flextone can sometimes sound more dull unless you really crank it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've owned a Flextone III XL and the old Vox AD100VT. Both are pretty good amps in my opinion.

The Flextone is well built, offers a number of different effects and amps, and allows for MIDI hook up to your computer to download patches. The Floorboard is a big plus.

I think though you get more of a tube like sound with the Vox, and having the power attenuator is a HUGE plus....really allows you to use the amp at home or gigging while getting more tube like tones.

Both amps benefit greatly from an EQ pedal in the effects loop. The Vox is a bit more dynamic in my opinion, whereas the Flextone can sometimes sound more dull unless you really crank it.
thanks for the advice and i think you are right.

·
Premium Member
4,955 Posts
i own a flextone 3 xl...amazing amplifier...everthing you could want and vintage type controls...though im selling it due to its weight and im using pedals again...seeking a lighter clean amp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts