Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tone Tweakers unite! We got a Line 6 meeting scheduled Friday, November 19th in Burbank at 7pm sharp!

We're gonna have a hands on tonefest with the PODxt LIVE, where you'll be able to give it a spin into different amp options at gig volumes without fighting over the kid next you in a store blasting that Crate amp on 11! We'll have amps, PA, a stereo Atomic Amp rig on hand. You can also try the Atomics with the PODxt bean on hand as well.

Bring your guitar if you like too! Especially, if your having trouble getting a tone you want. Let us help you dial it in. We can then save it off on a laptop and email it back to you for your playing pleasure.

Map link, studio location and <font color="red">RSVP Email</font> are listed here... http://www.instituteofnoise.com/L6/user.asp

If you have any requests, questions or recommendations, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks and hope to see ya there!

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Sounds like a great event! If I lived in L.A. I would attend.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Andy, is there an east coast group that you know of, like in the nyc area?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep there is a NYC group. They don't meet too often, since some of the guys have moved a bit too far out. I think Doug Bryan from my site has been trying to put one together. Post him a msg on my site and I'm sure you'll hear from him pronto.

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
InstituteOfNoise said:
Yep there is a NYC group. They don't meet too often, since some of the guys have moved a bit too far out. I think Doug Bryan from my site has been trying to put one together. Post him a msg on my site and I'm sure you'll hear from him pronto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sweet! since many of us can not attend please share the news. I am very interested in hearing what you thing abouyt the new Live XL floor multi effects pedal POD has.....Sounds awesome!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I usually post the mtg notes and pics on my usergroup page a few days after the mtg. There's a combo selection box on that page that lists all the usergroup meetigns. It'll be the first one in that list.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ben, Thanks for coming! I didn't get a chance to say to you, but the EVH you were playing sounded killer with the new Line 6 Tone Core pedals out of that Budda! Nice stuff!

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Thanks, Andy!
I felt pretty dum with my metal chops, surrounded by these expert jazz folks.
Who was this talented cat playing the various Teles through the stereo Atomic setup? A studio musician I presume...

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That must have been Jere Mendelsohn. Monster Country/Rockabilly player. He plays quite a bit live round LA. He's gonna be starting his album at our studio next month. The other guy was Greg V who works at Bogner. He's played with Double Trouble and Ronnie Montrose. The other guys Lex and Buddy are monster R&B Jazz guys. The cool thing everyone fits in there! Ever when you were playing those metal licks, Jere leaned over to me and said man I miss playing that stuff along with pointy guitars. It is all good!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts