Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Rifftracker

The drum machine in pretty cool and easy to use. The only negative that I have with Rifftracker is that you cannot import wav or mp3 files to record over...let's say I pull a backing track off this site and want to import it to Rifftracker and cut a track with my solo...can't do it...only supports Rifftracker files. Which also sucks because you can't collaberate with other guitarists on team projects, etc. unless they, too have Rifftracker. I found it much easier to plop down $150 for Cakewalk Guitar Tracks 3.0 so I could use pre-recorded backings and to collaberate with other players. But that's just how I roll:)

Wes

·
Registered
147 Posts
Oh, and one other thing...the major thing that bites about Rifftracker is that if you buy it and apply the License Key using your Guitar Port hardware, Rifftracker won't work if you decide to upgrade to Pod XT, Pod XT Live or Pod Pro. The license key is ONLY FOR THE GUITAR PORT and will not transfer. Now, Line 6 told me nearly 2 months ago that they were working on a way to transfer the license keys for guys who upgraded from Guitar Port hardware to POD XT. But it hasn't happened yet...so a guy like me that paid $100 extra for my XT Live's additional model packs cannot use them to record...have to record with the Guitar Port hardware and its model packs until Line 6 allows transferring of License Keys.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
I don't know about the Riff Tracker as a whole program, but the InstantDrummer concept looks awesome. I would get that just as a standalone if it was offered that way.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The drums sound really lifelike. I posted 4 tracks on this site a couple of days ago and the drums are the first thing that I got complimented on. Feel free to check them out if it helps you to make a decision. Rifftracker is pretty easy to use, just not so flexible and convenient due to the reasons listed above.

Wes
Lawless33

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I have guitarport also and use guitar tracks pro 3. fairly easy program. way beyond my basic needs. 150 at sam ash. :jam:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts