Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of u tried this amp? Is it any good?

I need a new amp..but dont have alot of money to use really

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
The spider II's are VERY good amps for the little scratch they cost. Much better than the original spider line in build and sound quality. If you don't need to play out, however, I would suggest spending the money on the older POD 2.0 model or a Vamp. Both are way more versatile and can be had on the cheap. But, if you really need to have an amp, you can't go wrong with any of the new Line 6 spiders.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
I own one and use it for recording. I also play out live with it. It also was cool when i jammed w/ some guys, one had a marshall full stack and volume wasn't a problem. The echos, chorus, delays and diatortions are great. The Flange is the only thing that sux on it. Gr8 buy for the money. I do suggest you get the foot controller for it.

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
YA, I THINK SO. FOR MAIDEN EASY IMO. VAI-THINK...HE UASES A HARMONIZER AND ALOT OF COMPRESSION. I RECENLY GOT A SAMSON COMP/NG. GET A COMPRESSOR PEDAL AND YOU ARE GOOD TO GO. IT'S A DAMN GOOD AMP FOR THE MONEY.

·
Registered
33 Posts
For £138 ( UK pounds ), the damn thing is a steal and a gutsty little amp.

I find it a little buzzy ( as in swarm of bees ), but then I am an old fart who grew up with valves and no amount of digital modelling in the world is going to simulate a tube amp on full chat.

But then you have a Marshall JCM series on one hand for around £900 that weighs more then Elvis on Burgers or a Spider II at £138 that weighs the same as Kate Moss on a diet..........and they both sound good :bannana_g

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
for live playing it's awesome, and i have had numerous compliments for my sound. The louder this is, the better. For recording it's ok, but i needed to use my samson noise gate/compressor, but in honesty, i just got a v-amp, and like it better for recording. both give big bang for the buck!!!!:bannana_g :werd:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts