Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Guitar center with my Christmas Money today and got this pedal. All I can say is WOW.. I never heard a stompbox pedal sound so dam kick ass. I have owned the Boss Metal Zone,, Dod American metal,, and countless others,, and by far,, they don't even come close to this pedal! The metal setting isnt that good,, but polverize and insane make up for it. This pedal is well built too! it must weigh at least 20 lbs! built like a tank! well worth the money i spent for it.

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
Hey congrats scott! I checked their "Echoplex" type modeler. The sound clips on that thing are great.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool! they are surely built like a tank bro! and i just couldnt believe the sound out of a stompbox! blows my mind.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Ok,, here is the tone i was messin with tonight. Hooked up this pedal after the v amp 2,, i set my v amp 2 to clean chorus setting,, then i use the uber metal for distortion.. i used pulverisze on this. and this is with just a single coil pickup alone. both parts clean and distrotion done with neck single coil pickup....
sound clip with new line 6 pedal.mp3 (914.1 KB)

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Scott Parnell said:
Went to Guitar center with my Christmas Money today and got this pedal. All I can say is WOW.. I never heard a stompbox pedal sound so dam kick ass. I have owned the Boss Metal Zone,, Dod American metal,, and countless others,, and by far,, they don't even come close to this pedal! The metal setting isnt that good,, but polverize and insane make up for it. This pedal is well built too! it must weigh at least 20 lbs! built like a tank! well worth the money i spent for it.
And how do you like the fast access to the batttery cavity?
I though it wasa great feature.
You are right, the pedal weights a ton and it feels like it's built to last. I tried it too and was very impressed with hit. Glad you like it!

·
Premium Member
6,688 Posts
Scott Parnell said:
Ok,, here is the tone i was messin with tonight. Hooked up this pedal after the v amp 2,, i set my v amp 2 to clean chorus setting,, then i use the uber metal for distortion.. i used pulverisze on this. and this is with just a single coil pickup alone. both parts clean and distrotion done with neck single coil pickup....
sound clip with new line 6 pedal.mp3 (914.1 KB)
Yep! This sound slike what I tried. The pedal gives the tone huge balls of steel!

·
I am a meat popsicle
4,743 Posts
It does sound chunky and crunchy! Nice to be able to switch like that!!
I also checked out OU812's patch he made on the Line6 site! That was a killer tone as well!!

·
Napoleon Dynamite
4,533 Posts
Wow, Scott...your guitar has BALLS!!! :lol: Nice purchase now put that new toy of your to work!

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CanyonCarver said:
And how do you like the fast access to the batttery cavity?
I though it wasa great feature.
You are right, the pedal weights a ton and it feels like it's built to last. I tried it too and was very impressed with hit. Glad you like it!
Ooh yeah I love the fast acces to this.. I'm gladf i bought a 9 volt batttery,, becuase the batewry that comes with the unit itself was crap. i got it home,, plugged it in,, and the switch wasn't workin! i went grrrrr! Well,, I replaced the battery within like 5 seconds due to the feature you just mentoined ,, and beautiful,, it worked fantastic! glad the person at guiatr center told me the battery was crap.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
InstituteOfNoise said:
I used the Crunchtone and Uber pedals in my recent ToneZone article for Line 6. I've got patches and soundsamples with the pedals in front of the PODxt. It's on my site at http://www.instituteofnoise.com/L6/tonezone.asp . You can get to it from Line 6's customtone.com page, but they haven't updated their link yet.
Thanks for this info Institute!:thumb:

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi, resurrecting this old thread. Saw the new video on Line6's site of the tonecore pedals, mainly the Ubermetal. Didn't sound too bad for 99 bucks. Anybody buy one and use it for awhile now? Thanks....

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its well worth the 99 bucks for it. it will give your guitar balls of steel. I did a recent recording of " kryptanite" and its in the covers section on this site,, and i hooked my uber metal up with my v amp 2..... used v amp 2 for clean,, and kicked on the uber metal for distortion,, and i was using a single coil pickup on that track .. the uber metal even gives single coils great crunch and heavy tone.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks for the reply Scott. I listened to the song. At first, since I am a time traveler from the year " 2112" and from the Temples of Syrix, I thought it was a band I never heard of... but alas it was on the in-flight sound system of the time machine and yes, it gets played often. :toothless

Seems like some hate this pedal and some love it. I need to try it out for myself. My pedalboard uses a Barber Direct Drive for mild crunch, but I just tossed off a Boss DS-1 as it started to get to me in a harsh way. I always run a Boss ge-7 after dirt pedals, but the DS-1 needed to leave. Also interested, but not in waiting, in the new Fulltone OCD. The Barber can do some nice dirt, but not metal.

·
Axe Grinding Guitarist
3,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bent-Halo said:
Thanks for the reply Scott. I listened to the song. At first, since I am a time traveler from the year " 2112" and from the Temples of Syrix, I thought it was a band I never heard of... but alas it was on the in-flight sound system of the time machine and yes, it gets played often. :toothless

Seems like some hate this pedal and some love it. I need to try it out for myself. My pedalboard uses a Barber Direct Drive for mild crunch, but I just tossed off a Boss DS-1 as it started to get to me in a harsh way. I always run a Boss ge-7 after dirt pedals, but the DS-1 needed to leave. Also interested, but not in waiting, in the new Fulltone OCD. The Barber can do some nice dirt, but not metal.
i owned a boss mt2 metal zone while back,, and to me,,, this uber metal for tone outs the boss metal zone to shame. id try it out also if i was you. you may or may not like it. i went to guiatr center to get mine and tried it out and said i gotta have this pedal.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I recently bought this pedal about a month ago. I do have to say that it honestly kicks ass. The standard settings sound great. If you fool with this thing for a little bit and then run it through a marshall half stack...he he he it sounds like nothing else. This pedal is so sweet I quit using my marshall jackhammer pedal. If any one wants great balls ass tone go for it!!!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thanks guys, I have to try it out for myself like anything. I have to return a Planet Waves cable that just keeps on turning into a bees nest once I step closer to my pedalbaord. Great cable, but I can't use it when it turns into a mess.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Well, sorry to report that I didn't get/want a chance to play the Uber. GC replaced my planet waves cable. However the Bose rep was at GC and I got to play thru that new cylinder tower and subwoofer system they have. Used a Podxt Live floor pedal. All I can say it is sweet. But, he stated that new the whole setup is nearly 3K. Better left for folks who can write off the expense. I'm think about more along the lines of Fulltone's new OCD pedal and smacking it with my Barber Direct Drive for all getout gain. For me, the Bose will have a lasting good impression with the pod.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts