Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and if you're an 80's Metal nut like myself, you'll rush out and buy their cd's. If not, I'll be shocked
They are a Riff Addict's Dream!

JALEPENO, I compiled these songs into clips so I hope its OK to post it here......if its not legal...I'll delete it ASAP.

I want everyone to listen to the entire clip and report back with your opinions. I LOVE THIS BAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you will remember them.......

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They reunited for a 7 week tour in 2003-2004. A friend of mine and I saw them in Austin and were blown away..we both agree that was by far the best metal show we'd ever seen. I'm not joking and I've seen Judas Priest 3 times and they were at the top of my list for sure. Don't rule these guys out because they are a Christian band...even you aren't....they still Rock
There were people at the concert wearing Iron Maiden shirts, Priest shirts, Metallica....the club was packed solid. We got to meet drummer Robert Sweet before the show, he actually walked around and shook everyone's hand for an hour before they took the stage and thanked us all for coming....not many rock stars would do that...I thought that was cool.

·
Registered
573 Posts
They definitely have some killer chops!!

Despite what any anyone thinks about their message - these guys shred!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Always loved Stryper. They had such a positive message in their music...it's a shame that's probably what held them back from being more sucessful! I still have their first four CDs on casette, lol. Now if I only had a cassette player to play them in

·
mmmmm.............Beer!!!
695 Posts
Yep, another Stryper fan here

·
Registered
3 Posts
What? No clip from Rock That Makes Me Roll?? It's only one of the heaviest badass riffs ever. Now *I'm* speechless.

Seriously though, that was a cool compilation.
Seen them several times live, even met them twice after shows. Even have a cool pic of me and Michael Sweet standing together.

You don't have to follow their message to get that they rocked seriously hard, and had some great songwriting. I didn't need the bible tossing, but still always enjoyed that they rocked hard, and are a great live band.

Micheal Sweet is an amazing singer. I'd give my left testicle to have him sing in my band.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.