Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realized I really like it. It's their most heavy release. They've gotten so much better. More mature writing, heavy riffs, lead guitar. I've always said they were a mislabeled band.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
well..their influences include iron maiden and the like...so they're bound to display a heavier side...their record company probably didn't want to market them as a metal band...they were probably "encouraged" to release lighter tunes...and had to comply..otherwise they wouldn't get a record release... :notme:

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
jimihendrix said:
well..their influences include iron maiden and the like...so they're bound to display a heavier side...their record company probably didn't want to market them as a metal band...they were probably "encouraged" to release lighter tunes...and had to comply..otherwise they wouldn't get a record release... :notme:
True Dat. I see what you're saying

I love your sig.

G

·
dude im sorry but if you ever have listend to sum 41 then you would realize that their influences arnt exactly maiden. listen a lil closer and you will hear all kinds of metallica riffs that have been played backwards for chorus riffs in a lot of their songs :jam:

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
I think Sum41 are a quality guitar pop band. I think the material stands up well enough to be recognised for its own merit and not the influences but I can see the maiden influence. The metallica one seems less defined imo, but it wouldn't surprise me - and Metallica were influenced by maiden so it is all valid I guess.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
chuck is a very deep album in my opinion.. lots of themes explored... i love their use fo textures and effects too... baksh' soloing style i feel is a little limited tho..but hes got killer chops too..very hammett-like... i think it sounds heavier cuz most guitars are tuned down to Eb.... their bassist is good too..

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
Well i am tired of all this stuff i mean, why buy a CD that has C+ work when you can get a real CD(shadows fall, BLS) with real guitars.

·
Registered
150 Posts
^ Agreed, can't wait for March 8 when Mafia is released.

I won't listen to Sum 41 because their lead singer is Avril's boyfriend :D:D:D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts