Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's some good old Rock-n-roll!! I've been working on original stuff lately but I was playing along with the track tonight and decided to record it...what the heck! I just replaced the Floyd bridge on my Jackson yesterday so this is the first time I've really played it in 2 months.

This has been one of my favorite rock-n-roll tunes!!!!!!:rock:Buck Cherry rocks.

Like all my recordings, the guitars are raw Guitar Port tones except for a bit of delay and reverb. I panned a few tracks.

Hope you like!:thumb:
 

·
Musician
Joined
·
449 Posts
sounds great, i never heard the original but did chuck berry have his distortion like that? that doesnt sound like the kind of sound being prodiced back then.

or did you put your own tone to it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rich2k4 said:
sounds great, i never heard the original but did chuck berry have his distortion like that? that doesnt sound like the kind of sound being prodiced back then.

or did you put your own tone to it?
Thanks but its Buck Cherry...the band. This was a hit radio song a few years ago. They didn't last long..why I don't know.....:icon_peac
 

·
Musician
Joined
·
449 Posts
ahahaha i thought it was chuck berry. im an idiot
 

·
~Free Will~
Joined
·
6,003 Posts
Helll YEAA!!!:bowdown: ...I love this band...and this song!!!!..Riffy damn sweety you tore it up!:jam: ..All we need now is some killa vox!:icon_cool ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,252 Posts
This kicked much ass, killa playing and tone Riff!! :thumb: :rock:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rythameen said:
Please someone put some vox on this, it really deserves it, great job.:thumb: :dance: :thumb:
Thanks everyone! and yes it would sound better with vox.

ANYONE WANT TO PUT VOX ON THIS???????? Johnny, VanMan??? anyone?????:thumb:
 

·
Jeff McDonald
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Well, other than this song, I have only heard two others by this group, and I thought they sounded too much like an L.A. knock-off of AC-DC. However, this song was a definite hit, and I was rocking to your recording. I am always amazed at the crunchy/gritty guitar tone in your recordings (IMO you are in the top three of this site as far as consistently getting hot, crunchy overdrive tone in recordings). Cool jam, man! :thumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kc_artist_rocker said:
Well, other than this song, I have only heard two others by this group, and I thought they sounded too much like an L.A. knock-off of AC-DC. However, this song was a definite hit, and I was rocking to your recording. I am always amazed at the crunchy/gritty guitar tone in your recordings (IMO you are in the top three of this site as far as consistently getting hot, crunchy overdrive tone in recordings). Cool jam, man! :thumb:
Thanks KC..I'm surprised that I can even do anything considering having only 128 megs of Ram, Windows ME, plugged only into guitarport, with low output stock guitar pickups! LOL. I'm a very poor bastard.

I'm no match for the guitar gods here, they know who they are, but I try. Hell, I'm still just a rhythm guitarist trying to pull off solos.:lol:
 

·
Jeff McDonald
Joined
·
3,660 Posts
Riff Addict said:
...I'm surprised that I can even do anything considering having only 128 megs of Ram, Windows ME, plugged only into guitarport, with low output stock guitar pickups!
Well, that says something right there. I am not a big believer that you need the latest and greatest equipment to get great sounding recordings. I bought a $600 Martin acoustic for my recordings (by no means a high-end model), which I am thoroughly pleased with and I am always arguing with my fiancé's brother (another guitarist who mainly plays bluegrass style) that, IMO, no one should really have to pay over $800-$1000 for a good acoustic and that anything over that is just cosmetics and vanity. He swears that a $2000+ guitar is inherently better sounding. Hell, I think that Bluesplayer was given an old, inexpensive acoustic guitar by a friend and his acoutic sounds are the equivalent to your overdrive guitar sounds....and he also uses hardware/software that is by no means the latest or most powerful models, and his recordings are fan-freakin-tastic as well. Anyway, keep up the great work with your shitty-ass, outdated equipment! :laugh:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top