6,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little Steven & The Disciples Of Soul
1987-10-08
The Ritz
New York

01. Freedom
02. Sanctuary
03. Los Desaparecidos (The Disappeared Ones)
04. Bitter Fruit
05. Checkpoint Charlie
06. Vote (That Mutha Out)
07. No More Party's
08. Undefeated (Everybody Goes Home)
09. Native American
10. Sun City

Little Steven - vocals, guitar
Pat Thrall - guitar
T.M. Stevens - bass
Leslie Ming - drums
Mark Alexander - keyboards
with:
Bruce Springsteen - vocals on "Native American" and "Sun City"

Source: Soundboard

http://rapidshare.com/files/266131817/LSDS871008R.part1.rar.html
http://rapidshare.com/files/266134710/LSDS871008R.part2.rar.html

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks. Is there any material from the "Men without women" period out there? I only know the official "Rockpalast" stuff ...
would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Does anyone have MP3 versions of his post-"Men Without Women" albums? They're all OOP, not on Rhapsody, or in the blogosphere... please don't make me go on ebay.
:notme:

Voice of America (1984)
Freedom - No Compromise (1987)
Revolution (1989)
Born Again Savage (1999)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
what a great show this is!

miami steve's vision here is this pissed-off funk-garage sorta thing, and this recording catches it ALL.

tm stevens was one i really wanted to hear after seeing him live in NYC on thanksgiving weekend in 1999 as part of a hendrix birthday tribute show, one among a TON of allstars at 'the cooler' in the village.
it was like a party in someone's basement.
and stevens was over-the-top glammed-out outrageous.

and we left at 3 am and they were still playing hendrix cover after hendrix cover.
a great time!
i'll effin' LOVE new york forever.

yeah, stevens did heavy duty fusion with mclaughlin and shakti, but man, i had to hear him doing this straight up rawk here.

thanks ghostface!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks for this. By chance, does anyone have the unreleased album he did with his band The Lost Boys? I believe the title of the completed, but never released album is "Nobody Loves and Leaves Alive." One of the tracks from this album called "Affection" showed up a while back on one of The Soparnos soundtracks and I think a couple others were played during Sopranos episodes but I've only heard Affection.

If anyone has any of these tracks or - even better - the whole album that would be great to post.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks, ghostface. Anybody got any Little Steven shows from '82 / '83? I used to have a German TV broadcast from '82 on tape. I'd love to find this. Also the BBC Radio 1 Friday Rock Show broadcast of part of their Reading 1983 set would be great.

Drachentoter

1 - 20 of 21 Posts