Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey everybody little wing is a song that almost every guitar player knows how to play , simple ,beautiful and there are so many versions of it.
it would be great if we could have a battle on this one , i'm new here so i dont know if its possible to have 4 or 5 contestents and change the number of votes needed to win, not just 5.

anyway , step up if you feel like letting the liitle wing fly.

cheers!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
You can change the number of votes to 10, but you cant do battle with more than 2 competitors. Otherwise I'd jump in on this one :p
Anyway, looking forward to hearing both your version of the tune!
Btw rythameen, I'm sure you could find a bunch of little wing backings on the bt4g hub.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i dont know where to get the backing, i have it on a cd a friend copied for me a while ago , i can wait a couple days , i haven't recorded yet , but i was thinking me and naifuzan can do this battle and the winner battles you or vice versa, are you up for that naifuzan?

ps. ANYBODY ELSE IS WELCOME 2!

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
I wouldnt wanna jump in and "steal" the battle from rythameen, but if you're done with your version before he is we could do something like that. Cause I have a version I did a few months ago.
It's all up to rythameen.

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I've stayed out of battles for a good month or sos but this would be a good return...mainly becuase I've played for 35 years and never really worked it out! People will play it and nod their head that I join in and I twaddle about BUT I've never gone the whole way and played it. If anyone is spare, let me know cos it'd be fun to do something nice and mellow. :thumb:

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Naifuzan said:
I wouldnt wanna jump in and "steal" the battle from rythameen, but if you're done with your version before he is we could do something like that. Cause I have a version I did a few months ago.
It's all up to rythameen.
Go ahead Naif.....I have a lot of work and my wife has a lot of honeydo's...so it might take me all week to get it done, I would like to take on the winner though...........this could be good, maybe someone could take on the winner of my battle.

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
What do you say we make a tournament of it? first semi finals then finals ;)
I'll take on whoever's done first, since I've already got my track done. Then the other two guys battle it out, then we can have a final battle between the winners. Or we can just have the two battles.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
i just found this , its just like my backing .

http://www.guitarbt.com/index.php?showtopic=2762&hl=little+wing

ps. i'll record today ,its gonna be a lot of fun the little wing " tournament".

please record your versions today or tomorrow and then we can see who's going to meet wahwah at the final,unless something extraordinary happens and someone beats him before final."playing for 35 years" , thats way before i was even born.i dont think i will ever win but i am up for a challenge.

ps.i've heard from reliable sources that reviews of our jams are gonna be featured in the weekly Heaven post (jimi & stevies favorite) we've gotta make them proud. :thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
rezamozaffarinia said:
please record your versions today or tomorrow and then we can see who's going to meet wahwah at the final,unless something extraordinary happens and someone beats him before final."playing for 35 years" , thats way before i was even born.i dont think i will ever win but i am up for a challenge. :thumb:
Hey, I wouldn't worry too much about that-it doesn't work that way...just makes me the old fucka in the game! :wtf:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
I can't get in to the backing track forum that you made the linkto...can somone tell me if the backing track is about 2mins 20 secs long and then I'll know it's the same one...if not, can someone e-mail me it to [email protected]

Thanks.
:thumb:

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
rezamozaffarinia said:
here's that backing track. , i also have the SRV's version of it, if you want ithat one instead i can send it, just let me know.

cheers!
I think the one I have is a little stronger but just listened to Jimi's version...God, I got my work cut out! All those little two finger chord flurry's and shit at the beginning. I think I remember why I never learnt it now! :icon_roll

·
Registered
2,669 Posts
Lots of players up for this one! That's great!
Anyone done yet who wants to battle me?

God, I got my work cut out! All those little two finger chord flurry's and shit at the beginning. I think I remember why I never learnt it now!
Know whatcha mean. I learned some pieces of the intro a couple of years ago, then I learned a few more pieces before I recorded my cover.
Then I just filled in the gaps with some improv... As usual :p

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
wow this is exciting, so many people its gonna be a lot of fun , (even though i know i wont win!),

so far : 1.Naifuzan , 2.GuitarplayingPJ , 3.Wahwah , 4.Dutchguitarfreak , 5.Rockonthis21 and hopefully later 6.rhytammen , so we will have at least 3 battles for the 1st round , :thumb: GTRXTRM aswell \/ \/ \/.

I just recorded my version , although i had a nasty hangover it went kinda ok , so anyone who already has the track and wants to start the 1st round of "Little Wing Tournament", post the thread in the battle section ,and please make it 10 votes to win,

Cheers! *hickups* :drunk:

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is pretty cool! I'd like to join in and have some fun too but we have to organize who is going to battle who and when do we start posting if we are going to battle this one-on-one simultaneously on the first round of elimination, I guess that's what I understand you guys are planning to do, right? Reza, not to impose on you but you are the origin of this thread and I don't want to steal the show, so you do the honors of organizing it. My suggestion is, we leave this battle challenge open for maybe another day, then whoever joins in before the cut off time, will be officially in this tournament. I suggest that we name this tournament and whoever wins 'em all will hold this title as a champ. This is just a suggestion, we may attract more participants if we do that. Well, if this is a lame idea, disregard it but definitely I'd like to join in.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts