Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tryed my hand at singing this, been trying it for hours and this is the best ive done it yet.
see what you think, and ill also post the track without my great voice
just below.

if anyone feels like they can do a better job at singing this then i can then please do it an post it (that meens i expect 100s of livin on a prayer posts up in the next 24 hours!!!!)

anyway, great song, bad singing on my part, but im enjoying it.

heres to 80s rock at its best

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres guitar only (sorry for the screech at the beggining
)

basicly, its a Vox Tonelab SE with a autowah on with a marshall amp setting i think, on overdrive.

guitar is a Epi Les Paul Studio, with my trusty SD-59 in the bridge.

enjoy

Attachments

·
Registered
116 Posts
Vyse...

The guitar sounds great! but I think you need to work a little bit more on the singing
Anyways, you're brave enough to try singing these high notes ....

Pyro and I were supposed to record this song with another guy who was gonna sing to it... this was like 3 months ago :( he was gonna record drums and bass, and we were gonna play the rest; we're still waiting :(

Oh... I think you should place your voice in the center instead of left or right; think I noticed this too in another song of yours....

Great nonetheless....

Ben

·
Registered
118 Posts
i did the vocals on his other track. I didn't pan them very much.
He had the guitars panned right. I think he's using his line in on his soundcard.. mine does the same. I use my mic in, despite everyone saying you shouldn't.
Line in sucks.. way unbalanced for me.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for listening.
about the guitar an voice being paned, thats kinda the way i was recording it, lol. i got my mic to my mixer, to my marshall amp (for reverb) an i assume the marshall is a mono out and i had a mono lead pluged into the line in at the front of my pcs sound card. ill do some proper recordings on cubase when i get the time, been meening to try it out sometime, but these recordings are just rough practices. although that is about as good as my voice is at the moment.

ill post the backing track on the BT forum, as it is a good track for livin on a prayer.

whats the best way to record to the pc? only other way i can see my self doing it is from the AUX in at the front insted of the line in. the aux in is just the standard red/white input.

im gonna keep at the singing, mainly cos i spent £150 on a mic/mixer an a mic stand. and its something i would like to do, just pick up a guitar, stum an sing a bit. gonna try some easyer songs, if anyone has any recamandations i would be happy

but think i chucked my self in at the deep end singing all right now and living on a prayer.
the next one i wanna try is with or without you by U2, i love that song, but doubt i can do it any justice. anyway, thanks for the feedback guys.

·
Registered
886 Posts

G

·
Aww man, the singing is GREAT, I TELL YA!!! Man, this is the good stuff.

I like to have choked on my breakfest this morning when I heard this. I love it. This song has made my day for sure.

Vyse, hey bro, at least you tried, and ya gotta respect that. I can't sing to save my life, so at this moment, ya got BALLS, my friend!!

HH

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
This was very cool, great job!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cheers halen,

if you people knew me in real life, i wouldnt of posted it, but its less embarising for complete strangers to listen to my "creative work".

try practiceing HH, im still crap but i have got a little bit better over a week.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hey... here's a cover of With or without you we did
(Pyro and I) and was sung by that guy who was gonna sing Living on a prayer...

click here

Pyro on drum machine and guitars; I did the bass and keyboards.

Ben

·
BRAVO TIME
3,143 Posts
i agree the gtr really stands out well. Vox was ok. I don't sing i have my buddy max do that. Sininging is tuff, i felt you pulled it off!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thats a great track, the guitar sounds good and the singer is pretty cool too. i would of loved to hear him do livin on a prayer.
i just got a karioke track that my mate sent me, so i dont get to play guitar on it which is a shame :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts