Pinkpop Festival, Baarlo, The Netherlands;
June 8, 1987

01 I found love
02 Shelter
03 I ain't got no home in this world
04 Inspiration
05 Soap, soup and salvation
06 Belfry

Complete, unedited FM recording of Lone Justice's performance at the massive Pinkpop festival in the Netherlands. The performance was cut short after these six songs because a rain storm started during the set. The band continued in the pouring rain until they were stopped by the organizers, fearing they'd be electrocuted on stage. You can hear the announcement in Dutch at the end of the performance: "It's getting too dangerous to continue so we have to stop now."

Even though the whole day was cold, wet and miserable, I remember it fondly - and this performance is a stand-out. I haven't ever seen it in circulation before.

This was the only time that Pinkpop was held in Baarlo (Sportpark De Berckt), before it was in Geleen and ever since it's been in Landgraaf. Acts on the bill that day, in order of appearance: Fatal Flowers, In Tua Nua, Lone Justice, Hüsker Dü, Chris Isaak, Iggy Pop, Communards, Echo & The Bunnymen, Lou Reed.

Lineage: FM (master) > Audacity (wav, normalization, track splitting) > xACT (flac) > you

I'm digitizing my tape collection, mostly recorded from Dutch radio in the 80s and early 90s. The original tapes will be binned and after seeding I will not keep the original flac sets, so unfortunately I will not be able to reseed them in the future.

Enjoy,

frankvink

https://tinyurl.com/y9tjnchb

:panic2:

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
one of those bands that really should have made it big time. thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts