Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone....i am looking for a used ernie ball music man evh model with the trans amber finish. it can be either flame top or quilted, im not picky. just looking for a reasonable price to go a long with it. if anyone is selling, or nows of anyone selling, give me a shout. thanks.:icon_thum

·
Registered
33 Posts
You might want to check through Guitar Center. I went to their website last year and sent an email to their Vintage Guitar department and that afternoon I got about 10 calls from Guitar Centers across the country that had various used EVH MM's in their stores. I think in total, between all of the stores that called, I had about 15 different guitars described to me. They varied in colors, price and condition (and of course location). I live in Baltimore and ended up getting one from Boston that was absolutely amazing!! The price was about what I expected to pay (maybe I paid a little more than I was planning, but the guitar is in great condition and has an amazing quilt....oh yeah, natural colored body). The manager of the store shipped it for free and even cleaned up the neck and set it up before shipping. He said he used to be an assistant luthier somewhere so he knew what he was doing. It turned out great and a fantastic experience from Guitar Center. I usually frown upon the bigger guitar chains, but I must admit, this was probably the best experience I've ever had with any kind of 'major' purchase. And it was a shipped order too, so I felt there was a lot of possibility to screw it up. I trusted this a lot more than the same money through Ebay, which makes me kind of nervous. I didn't mind paying maybe $100 more than what would be on Ebay to guarentee that I would get the guitar and be able to return it if things didn't look right. You don't get those guarentees from "Joe Schmo."

As far as the amber finish, I would think you have a pretty good chance of finding one. It seems like that was the most popular color since that's what Eddie used, and a lot of people don't care to have the guitar anymore (for some reason). When I got in touch with GC last year, I'd say 4-5 out of the 15 were amber, and they were split between flame top and quilt top.

Anyway, good luck with the search. It was the first guitar I ever wanted and I needed to have one eventually. I hope it lives up to your expectations, I know it did for me!:rock: Let me know if I can give you anymore info on my experience. For that kind of money, you really want it to go well and not get screwed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts