Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend gave me an album from an 80's group called Harem Scarem..
Does anybody knows them???, i really like their guitar style..
On another note, does anybody knows a band called Moving Pictures?? Also from the 80's.
Thanks in advance for the information

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Did someone say 80's?? They were a canadian band formed in the late 80's from the joining of two unknown bands. Their self-titled debut was called Harem Scarem... named after a Bugs Bunny Cartoon. They are actually a very good band...they sound more Modern pop although they started out a bit heavier in their style. Not quite my cup of tea but a good band nontheless. http://www.haremscarem.net/

The guitarists main influences were EVH & Steve Vai among others.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I saw them live long ago and their guitarist is a monster player!!!!!!!!!!
If they hadn't drowned him out with the keyboards, it would've been an awesome show!

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow Riff...thank you for the site, they there are..i have their mood swing album and i love it. I'll try to get more stuff from them -maybe on used cd stores..they are old!!-
Yes, POD, the axeman rocks...i love his style!!
Thanks guys, i appreciate it

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Riff Addict said:
Yeah the vocals are great..they're a good band so when I said their music wasn't quite "my cup of tea"..thats because I'm 37 and my cup of tea consists mostly of Hair, Leather and Spandex.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not tea my man. That's a gasoline and grain alcohol cocktail. Pour me one while you're at it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts