Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

lost_soul vs chrisguitargod (10 votes to win)

• lost_soul

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • chrisguitargod

Votes: 10 76.9%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
dude why aint you posting your song......click on Post Reply on the Left Corner.....go down to Additional Options.....Click on Manage Attachments....Click Browse and then Select the Song you wanna upload......then click Upload.

·
Registered
575 Posts
hi. here is my song. its a power metal tune i wrote with a very catchy melody. it took me 2 days to record it 1 day for the backing and the other for the guitar hope you like it, i was going to put a rock tune i wrote up against you, but as your song just rips from start to finish i thought this track would be a better choice because it rips with taste and melody. good luck you are a good player..chris

you can find my song on my download section bottom left click. sorry i dont know how else to do it

Direct Link to song :

http://www.guitars101.com/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=16189

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
I edited your post chris to include a direct link to your song for easy access :thumb:

good luck guys :thumb:

·
kiss my axe
3,338 Posts
lost soul i like your tune your playing is very good , reminds me of lynch a bit
only comment i would make is that it gets a bit boring after one minute
maybe a little more variation wouldnt be a bad thing :toothless
not slamming you down bc like i said i like our playing , just constructive critisism ( if i spelled that right) LOL

chris that sounds very good man :thumb: only critic = dont make a battle song 6,59 mb bc people with dial up or slow connections will not listen bc it takes to long to download, but your playing and composition are excelent
great job

i voted for chris in this battle

killer battle guys :rock: :thumb:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for your opinion.....i just threw that one together.......i never really had a plans for it......ill post another song for battle again sometime soon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just gave my vote to ChrisGuitarGod.. the song sounded more mature.. both players have good skills.. but i have to go with the ones with more mature composition.

Well done Chris!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Any guy who likes Michael Romeo desrves to be listen closely. I didnt like your song Lost_soul...but i do like your playing. You have a great technique. Let me sugest you something that worked for me. Music is a great way of xpression, like a talk, a chat... On this file you were showing us ONLY that you have been practicing a lot. Prhasing, composition, control and tone are also unvaluable resources that every guitarist should have. I cant say you dont have those elements right now, but in this recording you lacked them. I would really love to hear your phrasing capabilities. I think that a mix of your technique with more emotion and a great structure on your works could be a deadly team :icon_thum .

Chrisguitargod: great composition and great technique too. I loved the way this song was mixed. A great guitarist as well.

Bottom line: were the f&%K have you guys been?:icon_peac

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah....its just a Shred song there wasnt really supposed to be anything to it. Im gonna post another song tonight......a ballad type......with alot of Feel and Phasing

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
I voted for Chris, because, like was stated before, it sounded to me like a more mature and thought out composition. Lost Soul, you've got some chops, but you gave everything away within the first minute, more buildup and teasing the listener would help.

·
Registered
410 Posts
lost soul and chris, you guys are definitely awesome guitar players! I have to agree with everyone's comments though, Chris' playing is more composed and balanced. lost soul, looking forward to hear your next tune.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Lost Soul - Great playing and nice tone but the backing is a bit dull as previously said.

Chrisguitargod - great playing too. I've heard the backing before and because it's not totally original I voted Lost Soul.

Both are great players though and it was a pretty close call.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts