Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My proudest moment yet. I made the backing deliberately understated and the emphasis is really on the vocals. Because of the personal nature of the song, there was no other choice but Sister Wrath. Her singing on this is as beautiful as singing gets. I am flattered and honoured she agreed to do this with me. I just hope I did her justice.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
awesome version....congrats... :icon_peac

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everybody :thumb:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Goport,

Gary here, Texas Axe. thanks for all the recording tips sent via e-mail. I appreciate it. Man this was great. Fantatsic Job and great vocals!

You are getting really good at this. Great Harmonies, even YOU Goport! ha ha
Have you been taking singing lessons or something?

Goport, you are smart,,,talented,,and good with the ladies....

You know..................you remind me a lot of Myself:laugh: :D .

Nice Job Mate.

Tex..................................

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
lol! I don't know about that, my annual review at work said the polar opposite :lol:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wow! Great job on this! Very touching... Loved it all...From beginning to end. Everything comes together well. Great rendition!

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Nepster and sgstd :)

·
Metal head
822 Posts
Goport:
It was a pleasure and an honour to do this collab with you. The song is beautiful, and i really enjoyed doing it. Thank you for your patience and comprehension. I love the way you sing it and put it together and the feeling you bring to the song. Thank you for letting me in it!!!:thumb:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, you've got good reason to be proud of this one. You took a great classic and made it all your own. Simply fantastic. :thumbup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
goport and sister wrath.....that was awsome great take on a classic :thumb: :thumb: ....i loved it

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the replies everybody and especially Sister :bowdown:

·
Registered
200 Posts
A great version, absolutely beautiful singing! I think I've never heard the original, just the Nazareth version from the seventies. How close is this to the original one?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts