Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a collaboration of the Journey song," Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' " or as it is affectionately known in "Mare's Lair" as "Love Me, Squeeze Me, Dooooo Me"! LOL
MareGoldnHr "Mare"- all the guitar left channel and all the lead vocals
Tumbleweed477 "Weed"- bass guitar, all the guitar right channel, and all the mixing
Rita "Weeda" (Weed's wife) - all the harmonies on the vocals
I would like to thank my friends, Weed and Weeda for doing this collab with me and for doing such a great job! Special thanks to Weed for his studio skills on putting it all together and helping me along the way. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Awesome job Mare, Weed and Rita. Great vocals and the guitars sound absolutely outstanding.

Yeah Weed... that's right... ya did it again. Enjoy the glory. :lol:

Great job all of you!!!!! :rock:

·
Registered
265 Posts
very nice mare . strong vocals as always :thumb: good choice for a cover of journey , you all did a great job on this tune,,,, :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
HEY MARE!!!!!! Tumbleweed!!!!! Tumbleweedaaaaa!!!!!

I am so glad this is finally posted. I've been waiting... as we all have in "Mare's Lair".

Mare... you did an excellent job with the vox. Perry is so hard to emulate and his vox has so many ranges... you did excellent!! And your guitar sounds fantastic. I knew you would do it in one take!! Sounds great!

Rita... great harmonies... well done!!

Weed... Killer man... well done!! As I knew it would be!!

All around great job!!

Janell

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
THANKS waldo, pick, lacy and beach...appreciate you guys checkin out the tune and for the kind words...rita and I had a blast doin this with mare...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thankyou all for listening....waldo, pickdust "tim", Lace, beach and tam! Also many thanks for the great compliments and encouragement! I appreciate you all taking the time to listen to it. Glad you liked it!
Mare

·
Valhalla is coming !!!!!
2,388 Posts
great choice of tune dude , just been watching a Journey boot movie from the 1983 Escape tour ! so this just fits my bill at the moment . Steve Perry is something else , he is unbelievable , and has a Vocal range to die for , your version here is quality , really works well , at high volume it rocks like hell ! cant get enough of this sort of stuff , brilliant dude !:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
great stuff :)
glad thers still people around who still love the Journey stuff :)
they have been one of my fave bands of all time, thnx for reviving some cool memories :)

·
NURSERY RHYME KING
270 Posts
THANKS Slob, I know speakin for Rita and I, Journey has ALWAYS been a fav band of ours, we do a couple Journey tunes in our band and they still go over well in the clubs..THANKS for checkin out the tune and for the comments...appreciate it man...

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks bluesplayer, linda, and SLoB for taking the time to listen and all the great comments! It is greatly appreciated! I have always loved Journey too and appreciate the vocal range of Steve Perry, lots of great songs! Thanks again for listening.
Mare

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Job guys, sounded like a jam at the end of the night in a smoke filled bar!! I love those!
Moog.

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
:thumb: Ah this was very good!
Loved the clubfeel...man I never get out anymore, so thanks guys for this one.

·
Registered
70 Posts
oh MY!

So hearing Mare's voice on this tune REALLY confirmed my opinion that she is a multi-talented and very beautiful lady...GREAT job, Sweetie! and, as far as Weed goes...OI! Great guitar tone and very fluid playing as well...maybe there should be some kind of collab between the three of us, huh?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts