I feel the same way with mine Pod God:icon_frow

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
Come on People, give a little credit

POD GOD said:
No problem Dr C! Glad you like em'
29 downloads... 1 comment, am I wasting my time? Do they suck? :(
Oh man, this is not good. :icon_frow To be honest, I haven't set foot in this section in months. I saw "Wicked Sensation" and decided to swoop in and check it out. Ironically, this section was just about ALL i ever checked out when I first found this site. However, having collected 900+ BTs and aquiring (via PodGod) the knowledge and resources to make BTs for myself, I now mostly come here to hear what tunes people are recording/posting. I for one can affirm that your quality BTs account for approximately 3/5 of my entire collection and that you do very quality work.

In my personal opinion, i think you should retire from BTs. Or maybe semi-retirement. You're like a mayor who has served like 8 terms. It's time to retire and go hang out in Florida or something. I'd like to see you recording and posting more tunage. I think that the current catalog of available BTs is almost overwhelming and beyond anyone's wildest expectations (other than more obscure tunes). If people are not taking the time to express their appreciation, then maybe they don't deserve your time in making them (unless you truly just enjoy doing it). :dunno:

Anyway, just wanted you to know that I know what all you've done for us and it is not to be overlooked. :icon_nono

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
It sounds superb Pod...it's the first time I've popped my head in for months...ain't got room for anymore B'T's. That doesn't take away from the fact that there is a BIG majority of people who are on the site simply to TAKE and not GIVE.

It's a fact of life mate...don't let it get you down-your stuff is top-notch as always. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kc_artist_rocker said:
Oh man, this is not good. :icon_frow To be honest, I haven't set foot in this section in months. I saw "Wicked Sensation" and decided to swoop in and check it out. Ironically, this section was just about ALL i ever checked out when I first found this site. However, having collected 900+ BTs and aquiring (via PodGod) the knowledge and resources to make BTs for myself, I now mostly come here to hear what tunes people are recording/posting. I for one can affirm that your quality BTs account for approximately 3/5 of my entire collection and that you do very quality work.

In my personal opinion, i think you should retire from BTs. Or maybe semi-retirement. You're like a mayor who has served like 8 terms. It's time to retire and go hang out in Florida or something. I'd like to see you recording and posting more tunage. I think that the current catalog of available BTs is almost overwhelming and beyond anyone's wildest expectations (other than more obscure tunes). If people are not taking the time to express their appreciation, then maybe they don't deserve your time in making them (unless you truly just enjoy doing it). :dunno:

Anyway, just wanted you to know that I know what all you've done for us and it is not to be overlooked. :icon_nono
Thanx Jeff:thumb:
I agree... it is time to retire. I sometimes feel obligated to keep cranking them out cause I convinced Eric to reopen the BT section. I put the tutorials up in hopes that others would join in and I wouldn't have to have such a heavy load. Some guys have (which I really appreciate), but as you can see from buckkillr8's comment.. they are frustrated too. Everybody now has a huge collection of BTs (and the tools and know-how to make their own) and the demand just isn't there anymore. I still think there's lots more BTs to be made, and hopefully buckkillr8 and the others will continue to make them. Any PMs I get now for backings... I'm just gonna point them to the tutorials. I have some BTs that I've already commited to, but I think after those are done I'm gonna concentrate more on guitar playing and recording... which i enjoy alot more anyway.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
wahwah said:
It sounds superb Pod...it's the first time I've popped my head in for months...ain't got room for anymore B'T's. That doesn't take away from the fact that there is a BIG majority of people who are on the site simply to TAKE and not GIVE.

It's a fact of life mate...don't let it get you down-your stuff is top-notch as always. :thumb:
Thanx Chris:icon_thum There's a tight community of less than 1000 people here that hang and support each other and contribute (you being one of them, of course). Problem is... there's almost 12000 members, lol. That's not a very good percentage:)

·
Ear Candy Distributor
10,268 Posts
POD GOD said:
Thanx Jeff:thumb:
I agree... it is time to retire. I sometimes feel obligated to keep cranking them out cause I convinced Eric to reopen the BT section. I put the tutorials up in hopes that others would join in and I wouldn't have to have such a heavy load. Some guys have (which I really appreciate), but as you can see from buckkillr8's comment.. they are frustrated too. Everybody now has a huge collection of BTs (and the tools and know-how to make their own) and the demand just isn't there anymore. I still think there's lots more BTs to be made, and hopefully buckkillr8 and the others will continue to make them. Any PMs I get now for backings... I'm just gonna point them to the tutorials. I have some BTs that I've already commited to, but I think after those are done I'm gonna concentrate more on guitar playing and recording... which i enjoy alot more anyway.
Here, Here! I, for one, can't wait to hear you USING some of these things you made! I have over 400 BT's thanks to you mate...they are invaluable for my teaching guitar. Now lets hear ya crank that POD! :thumb:

·
Registered
470 Posts
Dude, awesome work! I've had a crack at a few of the backing you've made and they have inspired and helped me immensly. It would be good to hear more from you no doubt...the last thing I heard you jam the shit out of was a ZZ TOP tune. MORE PG!

·
Registered
3 Posts
:bowdown:
excellent BT. Downloaded it last night, but didn't get to listen to it til this morning. Thanks to your tutorial, I've started making some of my own. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was surprised to see this backing. For some reason, I didn't think too many people would know this song. I was even more surprised when I listened to it. It sounds great! Very clear. As you can tell, I'm new to this forum. You seem to have quite a reputation here. I haven't read your post on how to make backings yet, but I'm set up to record so hopefully I'll be posting some backings with you guys. That and some guitar battles too.
Great job! I'm going to look for more of your stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
77 Posts
This is the first time ive been back in a few months, ever since the Back track shutdown. I am soooo glad you guys got this going again. I thought I had to live with the ones I aquired before from here.
Pod, Youre the shit man!!...Thanks for all your Backing Tracks snd work!
Eric and Co. - Thanks for bring this Back! :thumb:

BTW - Long Live Lynch!!!:rock:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Most guys are using some sort of program with soundfont, mainly SynthFont and Fruity Loops. I have tutoriuals to help get you started in the BT Discussion area:thumb:

Riff, sorry man... but I have sort of semi-retired. I'm just too busy these days to continue belting them out like I used to. I may do more later, who knows, but right now I have too much on my plate. Since posting the tutorials, we have lots of guys making them now(which is awesome, btw!) so don't worry, I'm sure there will be more Priest backings in the future!

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
POD GOD said:
Most guys are using some sort of program with soundfont, mainly SynthFont and Fruity Loops. I have tutoriuals to help get you started in the BT Discussion area:thumb:

Riff, sorry man... but I have sort of semi-retired. I'm just too busy these days to continue belting them out like I used to. I may do more later, who knows, but right now I have too much on my plate. Since posting the tutorials, we have lots of guys making them now(which is awesome, btw!) so don't worry, I'm sure there will be more Priest backings in the future!
Thanks for all the great BT's man. :icon_peac
THEY'VE ALL BEEN MUCH APPRECIATED.:icon_thum

Uncle Riff

1 - 20 of 33 Posts