Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always had problems making original Music from scratch as I really have so many ideas in my head and when i put them together it doesnt all sound the way i wanted to. I also have problems putting chords together, I usually do it by ear or whatever sounds better and then I work with that. Lastly is there any easy way to help making original music or is it just for the naturally gifted.

Thanks,

And God Bless

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
just keep making them... u will get it rgt sooner or later :D

·
Thunder from the East
2,039 Posts
diamondaveroth said:
Would it sound good to just throw any chords together and call it a song?
as long as it fits :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just keep on gettin on it. Just whatever u got in ur head try ur best to get it through ur fingers. I know what ya mean, ive been writing for a lil over a year now and when i first started the stuff i was comming out with didn't sound as good as i hoped. But just keep on working on it and it will come together. Plus what sounds kinda bad by itself might be able to work well when you incoorperate bass, drums, ect. if you plan to anyways so that might help. Just keep on working on it and keep good spirits about it and you'll get it.

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Rythameen said:
Practice, practice, practice.............it all comes with time.
I agree with rythameen , like any other skill on the guitar the only way you get better is by practicing it , just keep plugging at it ! ..

i had similar problems but learning theory really opened it up for me and taught me how to write and play the sounds i was hearing in my head .

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
Stiglar said:
I agree with rythameen , like any other skill on the guitar the only way you get better is by practicing it , just keep plugging at it ! ..

i had similar problems but learning theory really opened it up for me and taught me how to write and play the sounds i was hearing in my head .
True, I bought a book called Composing Music by William Russo. It really opened my eyes. It's not a book on how to write pop/rock/metal/whatever songs, It's all about the mechanics of music basically. How the sounds work, and why they sound the way they do.

·
Registered
27 Posts
diamondaveroth said:
I always had problems making original Music from scratch as I really have so many ideas in my head and when i put them together it doesnt all sound the way i wanted to. I also have problems putting chords together, I usually do it by ear or whatever sounds better and then I work with that. Lastly is there any easy way to help making original music or is it just for the naturally gifted.

Thanks,

And God Bless
I have a tool that might help. Take a look at my site and enter the "Progression Builder". Once you are in the Progression builder select a Key, the type of progress you want, the diffuculty level and click create progression.

Then hit it again for a great second part or chorus. Writing a whole song can be done by hitting the button two or three times. (There is no sound you have to play these chord progressions on some instrument)

This is a simple tool that follows some basic theories to give the chords of over 200 major and minor progressions.

I designed this for guitar players but really it make no difference what instrument you use.

Hope it helps,
Mike

·
Da Blooze Guy
5,854 Posts
mike7771 said:
I have a tool that might help. Take a look at my site and enter the "Progression Builder". Once you are in the Progression builder select a Key, the type of progress you want, the diffuculty level and click create progression.

Then hit it again for a great second part or chorus. Writing a whole song can be done by hitting the button two or three times. (There is no sound you have to play these chord progressions on some instrument)

This is a simple tool that follows some basic theories to give the chords of over 200 major and minor progressions.

I designed this for guitar players but really it make no difference what instrument you use.

Hope it helps,
Mike

Very cool, thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts