Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is sort of a cross between Barry Mannilow and the Everly Brothers. Hopefully it's not too sappy. I wrote it a long time ago as an acoustic duet, but decided to go for a full-fledged production for this month's contest.

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Just beautiful Ks...You can really feel the heart you put into this...I really enjoyed this very much..:icon_thum :icon_thum

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks so much Supersonic. Been a big Beatles fan over the years so the influence must be shining through.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You da Mondy!! Thanks for your very kind words. It really means a lot to hear comparisons like the Beatles; very humbling indeed.

·
Registered
442 Posts
yes i can hear beatles too very nice :thumb: nice job all around :thumb:

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks psy and kc, appreciate the listens and replies, and another Beatles comparison. It wasn't my objective to sound like them, but its interesting to know that their influence has shown up in the song. Of course I see that mentioned with Goport's songs too, so I guess it just happens!!

G

·
No!

Dude , cmon man, ok , this is wut i would do with that song, I would send it to the writers of saturday night live, so they can put it into one of thier overacting love scene skits , lmfao. skreetch up your voice a little more man , that song reminds me of that song " Kip" sings to his black wife on napolian dynamite. pretty cheesy

·
Premium Member
5,555 Posts
LiMRiCk said:
Dude , cmon man, ok , this is wut i would do with that song, I would send it to the writers of saturday night live, so they can put it into one of thier overacting love scene skits , lmfao. skreetch up your voice a little more man , that song reminds me of that song " Kip" sings to his black wife on napolian dynamite. pretty cheesy
And where is your post showing you doing a better job?

nice tune btw dude!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks Mike. Appreciate the support. Was surprised to see this bumped up.

Thanks too Limrick. I appreciate the listen and despite the less-than-constructive comment, if you felt nothing about the song, you wouldn't have wasted your valuable time posting.

BTW, I took the song down, not because of the comments, but to make room for a new song in the originals thread and also because I have an acquaintance who is adding a French Horn solo to the ballad. I hope to repost it soon with the solo.

·
Jeff McDonald
3,684 Posts
ksdb said:
Thanks too Limrick. I appreciate the listen and despite the less-than-constructive comment, if you felt nothing about the song, you wouldn't have wasted your valuable time posting.
Wow!!! We should feel honored, dudes. Simon Cowell has joined the site! No worries though, "Limrick" ;) , I will not make any efforts to expose your true identity. Your secret's safe with me, dude! :icon_thum

·
Crazy Admin
4,016 Posts
Gonna close this up .. since we're in april now ! and the attachment is no longer there !

check kdsb's new tune in originals and all the great entries for this month !

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.