Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Scandinavian noise maker!
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used my HW1 strat for this little cool thing Marin made.
Used my old modded Ibanez drives for this piece, one tricked out TS-10 modded into a good midbooster and a Metal-Charger overdrive(stupid name for a great little green pedal) as main drive.
The delay is an Echotone Carl Martin delay(prototype), anyways it is hot here at night so maybe that explains the slightly acid approach??
hehe

·
excess to requirements
7,118 Posts
Ahh the scandalous noise merchant is at it again. This is pretty cool mate. beauty of a tone - especially the high bends .. perfect clarity. When are you and Marin going to do a jam?

This was cool - almost a gilmour approach to some of the bigger bends :thumb:

·
I GARAWWWNTEE!!!!!
1,810 Posts
Very cool Rid!... great tone and spaciness in your playing, I especially like the fact that you just flow on the turnarounds, and not just follow that walk-up progression,very nice........:icon_thum :icon_peac

·
Playin The Blues
1,990 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhhhh some nice licks from Rid ! Very sweet my friend ! Great tone and great touch and feel ! :thumb:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Great tone and some of the bends are wacky. As said before a Gilmour-ish approach. The guitar is a little high in the mix for me but it's great sounding. Did you make the backing yourself? It sounds like a great backing track to play to.

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...most appreciated:)
I setup the strat for 1 and half step upward motion, I love those old style trems.
They have some magic sounds in those old things.
The track was made by Marinblues;)
He makes some way cool tracks for sure, Laurentzo Carlzone as I call him, the Italian Larry Carlton :icon_thum
http://www.thegearpage.net/board/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=28
Some of the tracks are here if you like.
Once again thanks to all and a hug for Zeppy.
A jam between Marin and me....uh dunno one perhaps, I have to practise more then, he is just a great player and so.
Thanks to Marin for the track once again:)

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol thanks;)
But I did use Ibanez stuff this time around(modded though), the delay was a CM by the way :toothless

·
~Free Will~
6,028 Posts
Ahhhhhh yea...Now that was Hott!...Nothing like being in the Rid Zone on a beautiful day...

·
Premium Member
1,944 Posts
You always have the nicest tone. I loved this one man. We should do one together soon.

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys for the kind words:)
Yeah we ought to do something...maybe get Marin in on it as well, that way I can go and hide behind you guys :D

·
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You are welcome, love your tracks, very very much fun to play with.
:icon_thum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts