Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a Marshall AVT 100. Does anyone own one, and would you recommend it?
Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I got the avt50, good solid amp. It drives nice and has an effects loop. The 100 is probobly just the 100watt version so there shouldn't be much difference. But hey "it's a marshal, 'nuff said."

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the 2 differences i see besides the watts on the 50 and 100 is that the 50 does not have od2 channel, and the 100 does not have a cd input. Does the cd input work well?

·
Registered
180 Posts
It works, but you better be plugging into a reciever cuz it doesn't boost the signal at all. I do my mixing off the amp or use a pedal with a cd in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info.
I'll past by sam ash today after work and see if they have them in stock to try them out.
Any more feedback is appreciated.

·
Banned
7,011 Posts
I bought the AVT 50, then I got a wireless unit. I needed an effects loop, so I upgraded to the AVT 100 for the effects loop. I thought the AVT 50 had a much better tone on it. The OD2 on the AVT 100 didn't do anything for me, and I much preferred the "Crunch" on ch1, but you couldnt use any onboard effects on CH1. Yep, I was fucked just for the sake of going wireless. So i took it back and got the AVT 50. I gigged quite a bit with it and never really had to turn it past 4 in any club I was playing :thumb:

·
Registered
180 Posts
The 50 is a nice amp :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
I Use the AVT50 Head through a 4x12 and its great. Hear the attached file for a sample....nothing but straight in and out....

·
Registered
165 Posts
One more thing...i think with the AVT100 you get the Acoustic Simulator as well....btw my setup was my Hamer Duotone into the AVT50Head. Cabinet miked with a SM57...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts