Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy a marshall jubilee 25/50 watt amp.

Does anyone have one they are selling?

cheers steve

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I don't have one....but I will say of all the Marshall amps on my Vetta, that one sounds the best IMO.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
El_jalepeno said:
Man, I used to have one. I loved it. I see them once in a while on eBay.
There are 3 on E-bay right now as a matter of fact!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to keep my eyes open on ebay but the one's on there are from europe and stuff... except one beaten up one.

Is the marshall jcm 800 a good alternative or doesn't it stand up to it?

any other like old school marshalls that give near the same tone as the jubilee i said earlier cheers guys

ROCK ON!! :jam:

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
I can't really answer that question about alternatives between Marshalls...except to say that the Jubilee sounds much better than any of the others on my Vetta. It has also been reported by many others (on the I.O.N. forum) that the Marshall models on the Vetta sound extremely close to the original Marshalls in side by side tests (and they don't say that about many of the others).

So basically unless you can get your hands on several Marshalls in the same room....go down and plug in a POD XT and a pair of headphones and run through them all in a matter of minutes. It might give you a place to start!

Wah-Which Marshall do you think has the sweetest overall tone on your POD XT?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a Slash sig 2555 Jubilee that will be coming up on eBay in the next few weeks. As you may know, this is a re-issue of the Jubilee 100W head. Let me know if you are still looking.

·
Registered
64 Posts
OdgeUK said:
I have a Slash sig 2555 Jubilee that will be coming up on eBay in the next few weeks. As you may know, this is a re-issue of the Jubilee 100W head. Let me know if you are still looking.
I own 2 -2555 Silver Jubilee's and can confirm , having played them,that the Slash reissue is in fact an EXACT copy of the Jube with ALL the same great tones( I think Marshall did themselves proud on this reproduction). Great amp:thumbup: .............John

1 - 9 of 9 Posts