Guitars101 - Guitar Forums banner

Master of Puppets Solo

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  CanyonCarver 
#1 ·
My Computer hasnt been to nice to me lately but I finally got a decent recording out of it. I can only seem to get about 1 min of recording before it gets all choppy so this is all I can share with you guys right now....Enjoy!

#6 · (Edited)
nice work bro :thumb: bummer about the pc, i would have loved to hear the whole thing

what program are u using to record? i've been using audacity(a freebie) but it does the same thing if the program has been running too long.....not sure if the problem is in the program or my pc :dunno:

anyway great job :rock:

#7 ·
Thanks, Im using a Sonar 3 to record and im using my podxt usb for direct recording. I have no clue what the problem is. I used audacity once but with that my recording always lags behind the backing track. Sonar doesnt start doing that until about 1-2 mins. into the recording.

#8 ·
use 'cool edit pro', great software.
although, i'm not sure what is the problem, it's sounds great.
that podxt really shines with direct recording....
btw, i got mine 2 hours ago. :dance:

about the second solo....
once you get the beginning, the rest just comes naturally.
easier said than done. :p

#11 ·
This is a real good clip. Makes me want to listen to the whole song. This was the song that turned me into a Metallica fan back in the day. I wouldn't fret (pardon the pun) over the problems you have replicating parts of the solos; look at it as something to include in your daily practice routine and eventually it will become one of your strengths.

#13 ·
Skydirt said:
Thanks, Im using a Sonar 3 to record and im using my podxt usb for direct recording. I have no clue what the problem is. I used audacity once but with that my recording always lags behind the backing track. Sonar doesnt start doing that until about 1-2 mins. into the recording.
I use Sonar 3 for my work. If you click on

Options - Audio

A window pops up (you may already know about this)

Where is says "Mixing Latency" Mover the slider up a bit and/or try increasing the "Buffers in Playback Queue" to a higher value.

I used to have the same problem you have with yours. Another thing is to turn off all the effects when you're recording.

Hope that helped. Nice recording aswell Really good sound you've got there. Could have come straight off the metallica album. :icon_peac

#19 ·
Ruzyo said:
Awsome recording, why don't u put up rest of the song??
And another thing.. u wanna share some preset :)..? just bought an xt and can't seem to get any real good sound as you out of it... have you got the model packs?
I have resolved my Sonar problem so as soon as I get the second solo down I will post the whole thing.:icon_thum

I got the tone off of Customtone.com, It wont let me upload the .l6t file so go there and search for "South of Heaven". I used a tone named that for the recording but just dummed down the delay a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.